RBZ Skate Problem...

RPHockey53

Jun 29, 2013
So I got the deal of a lifetime on these new CCM RBZ skates... after wearing Reeboks pretty much forever I made the switch... the skates are awesome (stiffer than I'm used to but Reebok isn't a very stiff boot so its just new to me). But I'm having a bit of a problem... nothing huge but it's bugging me. I know the runner in 4.0mm higher and all... but I feel unbalanced. I don't know exactly how to describe it but in my Reeboks I was so used to them I felt like I was in running shoes... sometimes I forgot I was even wearing skates... but on these I feel like I'm leaning forward very much and it's a lot easier for me to lose balance. There is a place near by that does profiling but I've never profiled skates personally... also blades now days usually come with a stock profiling (I think the new CCM steel in 9')... Should I consider getting my skates profiled? Why do I feel like I'm leaning forward so much.. I'm a strait up and down style skater so it really affects me... why do I feel so unbalanced. Also on my acceleration I don't feel like I'm getting everything into my stride. I WANT to like these skates... they're very nice and CCM did a spectacular job on their new line but I play college hockey and having these little problems is affecting my game. Last season I scored 11 goals (26 games) and I'm the type of player that really relies on a good center of gravity and work the front of the net hard (so being unbalanced hurts a lot)... what do you guys think? Should I get them profiled? Maybe someone more knowledgeable with CCM products or these skates in particular can help... I love these skates but at this point I'm about to take the 11k's out of the basement...

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah, see what the shop says about them and your preferences for a profile. It's pretty simple at that stage anyways.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
If your other holders are in good condition the easiest thing would be to just swap holders.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Not really, that's assuming the problem is necessarily with the holders when it might not be. You could try it if you really don't want to attempt to get used to the new ones.

Another problem that you'll face down the road if you use old holders/steel is that you'll simply run out of steel, needing new ones and thus forcing you to have to adjust/profile those. So why not just optimize the steel on your RBZs instead of going through so many steps?

Last edited:

RPHockey53

Jun 29, 2013
Not really, that's assuming the problem is necessarily with the holders when it might not be. You could try it if you really don't want to attempt to get used to the new ones.

Another problem that you'll face down the road if you use old holders/steel is that you'll simply run out of steel, needing new ones and thus forcing you to have to adjust/profile those. So why not just optimize the steel on your RBZs instead of going through so many steps?

Good point... I'm not a fan of swapping holder... plus my Eblade pros on my 11k's are pretty beat up... I plan on using them for pond hockey. So I took my skates to get profiled... I'm curious though... does the profile go away after getting sharpened a few times? I mean, some skate sharpeners have different methods that I'm assuming could affect the profile

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I asked the same question to my tech guys and no, it shouldn't in the short run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad