RBK Inline VS Mission Inline

hardcorejacket29

Jun 12, 2002
Gahanna, OH
Visit site
I have the option of getting the new RBK skates immeditely or waiting to get the new Mission Wicked Skates that haven't been shipped yet. Has anyone heard anything good or bad abut the RBKs or new Wicked Lights? I would assume that the inline RBK boots are pretty similar to ice ones. Any info to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.

cstu

May 6, 2004
I have the option of getting the new RBK skates immeditely or waiting to get the new Mission Wicked Skates that haven't been shipped yet. Has anyone heard anything good or bad abut the RBKs or new Wicked Lights? I would assume that the inline RBK boots are pretty similar to ice ones. Any info to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.

It depends what models you are looking at. I think you'll get a lot more bang for your buck in terms of features with the Missions, even though they'll be a little more expensive for now. The top-level RBK skate has features (such as the chassis) which the 2nd or 3rd level Wicked Light will equal or surpass. The Wicked Light 1 blows away anything from RBK.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
Supposedly the new Wicked 1s and 3s will require a bit of patience in terms of breaking them in. They are very stiff and I've heard for the first few skates, kinda uncomfortable, but after that, they become very comfy and should be very durable. I'm probably going to upgrade to the Wicked 1 around christmas. For the past 4 or so years I have been using Mission Type M's and the break in problems I have heard people having with the new skates sound exactly like what I went through with the Type M's. First few skates was awkward, sometimes very painful (when skating for 3 hours at a time) but since then, they have been very comfy and never had a problem with. the most damage they have suffered in that time is one of the little metal rings in the eyelets broke and fell out, otherwise they are just about as stiff as when I got them. Suspension still works perfectly on them too. So I am expecting similarly high levels of durabilty from the new Wicked 1's. And apparently the new hi-lo chassis is rather sweet as well.

If you go with the top end Missions, just be patient with them as I expect you will see the benefits once they break in. As for RBK skates, never tried them and can't recall hearing much about them I'm afraid.

Steve Cross

Nov 5, 2006

I currently have the RBK 6k roller skates and they are the most comfortable skates that i have had however i don't know how comfy the wicked lights are but some mission skates that i have fad in the past have been really uncomfortable. what model RBK skates did you have in mind?

hardcorejacket29

Jun 12, 2002
Gahanna, OH
Visit site
I was looking at the 6k's I might just have to order them since Mission takes FOREVER to ship them out.... I was just kind of worried about the novelty of the Pump, and if it actually does anything... I tried to 4ks on and they seemed pretty comfortable... but are the RBKS durable? so far the missions haven't been. I've broke to pairs of helium 5500s I think they were... the frames detached from the boot...

member 30781

I just bought Mission 7500 today, they are REALLY stiff and do not know how long it is going to take to break them in. So far they are OK though.

Clockwork Walrus

Sep 16, 2004
I just bought Mission 7500 today, they are REALLY stiff and do not know how long it is going to take to break them in. So far they are OK though.

Nice skates, eh? I have them too.. they were definitely stiff out of the box, and for me it took a couple games for them to get comfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->