Rays announce plans to leave St Petersburg for Tampa

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the stadium is under construction, Olympic Stadium can be used as temporary venue/

And why would Montral Impact allow them to turn Saputo in to baseball stadium?

why would mlb allow actual games at the olympic stadium? It's falling apart

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
the rays have been temporarily in the trop for years now.

why would they move them from a not ideal place to a hilariously out of date one on the promise of a new park? we've been through this for years in tampa.

Reactions: SnS

SkalbaniasGhost

Jan 11, 2018
why would mlb allow actual games at the olympic stadium? It's falling apart
Olympic Stadium is up to spec for use as a temporary facility(MLB,MLBPA approved).They have made upgrades to the facility for hosting Toronto Blue Jays exhibition games at the end of spring training.The next series of games is scheduled for Mar 25-26.The plans for the new Expos stadium will be announced during that timeframe.The Rays have a clause in their current lease(updated in 2014) that allows them to play up to 10 games a year out of market.MLB will use Montreal and San Antonio(Alamodome) to be the stalking horse for a new facility for Tampa.Sternberg will make the decision for the market.He has painted himself into a corner in regard to location though(much like the Coyotes).He will have to make
a decision soon though as far as building at the site of Tropicana field.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Olympic Stadium is up to spec for use as a temporary facility(MLB,MLBPA approved).They have made upgrades to the facility for hosting Toronto Blue Jays exhibition games at the end of spring training.The next series of games is scheduled for Mar 25-26.The plans for the new Expos stadium will be announced during that timeframe.The Rays have a clause in their current lease(updated in 2014) that allows them to play up to 10 games a year out of market.MLB will use Montreal and San Antonio(Alamodome) to be the stalking horse for a new facility for Tampa.Sternberg will make the decision for the market.He has painted himself into a corner in regard to location though(much like the Coyotes).He will have to make
a decision soon though as far as building at the site of Tropicana field.

for 81 games though...

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

why would they move them from a not ideal place to a hilariously out of date one on the promise of a new park? we've been through this for years in tampa.
I assume Montreal would have to have shovel in the ground for new stadium before they can even get a team.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

They would move if the stadium is under construction in Montreal. There are conversations going on at ever level of government in Montreal to have a deal in place when MLB comes calling. Trust me when I tell you the stadium is getting built as soon as MLB approves a move/expansion.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
This is funny because Jarry Park was only supposed to be temporary but ended up lasting 6 extra seasons.
It's deja vu all over again

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
They would move if the stadium is under construction in Montreal. There are conversations going on at ever level of government in Montreal to have a deal in place when MLB comes calling. Trust me when I tell you the stadium is getting built as soon as MLB approves a move/expansion.

and the circular argument will go on.

"build a stadium and we'll give you a team"
"give us a team and we'll build a stadium"

and so on until we all die and the sun explodes.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

So I guess this feels like waiting for your official orientation at your new job before giving your two weeks to your current job.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
So I guess this feels like waiting for your official orientation at your new job before giving your two weeks to your current job.

No it just means MLB will get every information about the financing of the stadium, the location etc. before approving the franchise and Montreal won't start shoveling before it is approved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->