Speculation: Ray Shero 'inside track' to succeed GM Bryan Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
2 options for GM succession plan:
1) BM is dying & deserves to stay as long as he wants, in order to help him cope with his cancer;
2) BM is dying and should be moved aside asap to ensure continuity and seamless transition to new GM/coaching regime.

IMO BM should become VP, with new GM asap in time for draft deadline decisions. He can still advise & be as involved as his disease permits.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I feel for Murray as I do for all cancer victims :(, but this is a Hockey Forum and Hockey is a business.

And right now business is badddddddd! We suck, we need new blood, period the end. :rant:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I feel for Murray as I do for all cancer victims :(, but this is a Hockey Forum and Hockey is a business.

And right now business is badddddddd! We suck, we need new blood, period the end. :rant:

I think your ratio of "Anti-Murray" posts vs. "non-Murray-related" posts is hovering at around 8:1 right now.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Let the fans be heard, we are tired of losing.

if you like losing, go join a Leaf Forum! :nod:

Look I am no fan of Bryan Murray but this is a mafia-like "Position for Life" thing. It's never been about winning or championships, it's been about the Murray brand and family and blah blah. Unfortunately our owner is a simpleton that is amused by his stories and so is the local media.

Maybe in another ten years we'll have an outside GM and we can finally look forward to winning a Cup!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Look I am no fan of Bryan Murray but this is a mafia-like "Position for Life" thing. It's never been about winning or championships, it's been about the Murray brand and family and blah blah. Unfortunately our owner is a simpleton that is amused by his stories and so is the local media.

Maybe in another ten years we'll have an outside GM and we can finally look forward to winning a Cup!

GM for life, its been 7 years and he's probably stepping down in a year or two.

No self made billionaire is a simpleton, nor do you have any idea who he is or what he thinks.

The sheer volume of balderdash that comes outa you on this topic is staggering.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Jeeez...what is it with so many former players trying to butt into the management side of things and coaching lately? Just because they could play the game at the highest level doesn't man mouse farts when it comes to how to run the other side of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->