TSN: Ray Ferraro No Longer Colour Commentating on TSN

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
He was between the benches for ESPN last night and did a pretty good job, Ray has come a long way from where he started. His early days he was a bit of a mush mouth and often made some curious vocabulary choices and pronunciations, but he has simplified his delivery and uses his knowledge effectively.
I watched him last night on ESPN doing the TB/NYR colour also.

So it appears he is just cutting down on his TSN work for family reasons, but still working the same job with other affiliates.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
BTW anyone watch the Rags last night? MikaZ was on fire and the team looks elite, they are certainly a team to be wary of. They have everything in their toolbox, including a major amount of snarl. They could very well win the east this year.

I watched him last night on ESPN doing the TB/NYR colour also.

So it appears he is just cutting down on his TSN work for family reasons, but still working the same job with other affiliates.
Yeah I read that and really you can't blame him.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Pretty big blow to the quality of TSN broadcasts, probably the biggest since Bobby Mac left
Bob Mckenzie has a toxic arrogance about him, im not sure how people can give him a pass on this.

Ray Ferraro is smart at breaking the game down, never really talks about non sense.

I think MJ is an excellent colour commentator, so I'm happy with the outcome.

Agreed he is good, although at times he seems a bit passive when pressed on things, but its good to not get emotional.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Bob Mckenzie has a toxic arrogance about him, im not sure how people can give him a pass on this.
I still laugh at the time Kadri gave him the much deserved slap in the mouth 😂

I beat Ray in a fight yesterday in NHL Rock The Rink. It's all my fault :(. One of the best, sad to see him go.
He'll be doing lots of ESPN hockey, so if you feel the need.....

Mar 12, 2009

Ray Ferraro is smart at breaking the game down, never really talks about non sense.

Agreed he is good, although at times he seems a bit passive when pressed on things, but its good to not get emotional.
I've always liked McKenzie as an analyst, his podcast was a bit of a stinker though and I think where your particular criticism really shone through for me.

Reactions: Tak7

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Can't stand MJ what an annoyance .. talks like a winger .. best for C's or D's in that job .. they have a much better understanding of what really goes on in a pro hockey game
Hilarious 😂 laughed pretty hard. There's a few like Jagr, Hull before the beers caught up to him. Ovi Andreychuk. Grinders not so much enforcers however you are right 99 percent of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad