TSN: Ray Ferraro: "Matthews is a legit MVP candidate"

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I said last year when Matthews was just starting to be what he is now that i wouldn’t trade him straight up for McDavid. Matthews is better this year. He’s a center you will become a champion with. I am not sure how much difference there is between Matthews/ McDavid when you break down their complete game. So I’m completely content with thinking Matthews will win us a cup. Probably a couple.
Barely 15th haha. Barely a difference between him and McDavid more like it.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
It's funny cuz the accepted best line in hockey is Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak who are all equal partners in that line's success.

On a totally unrelated note, last night for the first time ever we saw a Nylander-Matthews-Marner line, and oh boy did they look hot.
That is not the first time they've been together, Keefe tried them for 2 whole games last year and it didn't work at all. But that one shift last night was really good yeah.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That is not the first time they've been together, Keefe tried them for 2 whole games last year and it didn't work at all. But that one shift last night was really good yeah.

What? When? I don't remember that at all.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Oh I found it.

39 minutes last year.

64.4xgf%

But they didn't score.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Oh I found it.

39 minutes last year.

64.4xgf%

But they didn't score.
Interesting, wouldn't have expected the xgf to be that high. It looked pretty ugly tbh. Honestly though I'd still be super down to try that line, because I also remember when Keefe was first hired he put together a line of Mikheyev-Tavares-Hyman that looked dominant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad