TV: Ray Donovan

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
[spoil] That car accident scene was like a "gotcha!" moment. Everyone's all "Ohh sooo that's what happened" then, nope, she walks away unscathed. Kind of a troll job. But I'm glad they didn't go that route. Too easy/cliche.

She did have breast cancer last season, so you could assume it had something to do with that, but then again that kid Bridge is now banging (of course she is) seems like he was involved somehow.

I for one, am not upset with this direction. Other than Bridget, Abby was the most annoying character, but she wasn't as bad last season. Connor is annoying too, hope he stays at school for awhile.[/spoil]

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I just hope that they don't make a focal point of Abby's death, and drag it out all season. Dead Abby is just as annoying as Live Abby. She needs to be Gone Abby.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
It's kind of weird, cause season 4 ended looking like they were gonna turn into some power couple with Ray doing all the boss **** and his wife would stand behind his criminal life all the way.

Now season 5 starts and oh she's dead. Okay then

Pretty boring premiere overall I'd say. Especially don't care for Bunch being a luchador.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Also, idk what's going on a few posts above but I'm not gonna start writing in spoiler tags in season 5 of this show lol

I stand by my contention that anyone combing the thread of a show they aren't up to date on can fly a kite. To add to your comment, this must be the least trafficked thread for a show that's lasted five seasons in the history of this site.

I definitely hope dead Abby doesn't just mean incessant flashbacks to some idyllic version of their life all season. That's way worse than normal Abby.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I stand by my contention that anyone combing the thread of a show they aren't up to date on can fly a kite. To add to your comment, this must be the least trafficked thread for a show that's lasted five seasons in the history of this site.

I definitely hope dead Abby doesn't just mean incessant flashbacks to some idyllic version of their life all season. That's way worse than normal Abby.
It's kind of weird how this show doesn't have that much buzz. Especially since the first 2-3 seasons were brilliant IMO. Didn't season 1 win Emmy for best drama?

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Abby had a bump on her head from the accident. Brain aneurism?
I don't think its cancer related because Bridgette found Abby in the bed. I would think they would playout the cancer scenario?
Suicide?

I don't know. I think the scene where Ray found Abby was well done but I was pissed they didn't show what happened. I am sure we will find out soon.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Abby had a bump on her head from the accident. Brain aneurism?
I don't think its cancer related because Bridgette found Abby in the bed. I would think they would playout the cancer scenario?
Suicide?

I don't know. I think the scene where Ray found Abby was well done but I was pissed they didn't show what happened. I am sure we will find out soon.

Suicide was the first thing that came to mind and that Bridget found her. But then I thought Abby doesn't seem like the type to commit suicide. We'll definitely find out at some point. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was thinking the rehashed House of Cards idea that Ray somehow got Abby moved up in a trial or treatment thus bumping that kid out (unless I completely misread that situation).

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I hope so. I don't want to see this dragged out all season with just random Abby flashbacks, but I think that's what it will be.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This has gotten better with each episode I think. Still not too sure of the whole direction this is going. A bit all over the place.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I thought episode 3 was kind of boring compared to 1 & 2, but realize it was most likely just setting up the rest of the season.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This has gotten better with each episode I think. Still not too sure of the whole direction this is going. A bit all over the place.

After 4 episodes that's how I feel about this season thus far. IMO they should've dealt with the Abby storyline in episode 1 and that should've been the end of it. Looks like the Abby story may continue all season though.

To me Ray just seems like a secondary character thus far this season. We need more Ray being Ray which what makes this show great.

Anyway looking at the previews I'm interested in what Avi's storyline will be this season.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Not liking this season that much. I do look forward to Avi, though. That has the potential to be good.

Also, it's kind of annoying how inept Bunchy is.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Not liking this season that much. I do look forward to Avi, though. That has the potential to be good.

Also, it's kind of annoying how inept Bunchy is.

Yea the Bunchy thing was so stupid and devoid of logic.

Why just walk around with all that money? Go to the bank first then get the sandwich, and even if you must get the sandwich first then leave the bag in the car.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
After 4 episodes that's how I feel about this season thus far. IMO they should've dealt with the Abby storyline in episode 1 and that should've been the end of it. Looks like the Abby story may continue all season though.

To me Ray just seems like a secondary character thus far this season. We need more Ray being Ray which what makes this show great.

Anyway looking at the previews I'm interested in what Avi's storyline will be this season.

Only reason I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt so far is this show always seems to start slow, at least IMO.... Definitely agree the Abby storyline should have been mostly wrapped in up E1, or E2 at the latest. Not enjoying the fact it's still going on at all.

Yeah, that really seemed apparent to me in the last episode and was quite annoying.

Hard to feel bad for Bunch at this point, but as soon as he said he had a million in cash in the safe you knew it was either going to not be there when he went to get it, or he was somehow going to lose it while taking it to the bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->