Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Kairi and Asuka are now the Kabuki Warriors

It's Cryme Tyme all over again. :laugh:

If/when Sheamus comes back, Vince should totally pair him with Finn Balor and call them the Celtic Warriors.

Seems like lazy writing for Asuka/Kairi, "hey they're both Japanese, let's think up a Japanese name...everyone good with Kabuki? That sounds about right."

Unless they actually deferred to Asuka and/or Kairi for the team name, which would surprise me.

Also, is Paige their manager, or what's the deal there?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On one hand, they had Andrade beat Finn, Orton and Ali in a four way by pinning Finn. That's good.

On the other hand, they had a f***ing 8-man tag match with Roman/Miz/Usos vs. Bryan/Rowan/Elias/Shane, named Asuka and Kairi the Kabuki Warriors, and it took them a little more than a month of Zayn being back to put KO and Sami back together.

Not that I should really complain on the last one, but it's like WWE is incapable of booking those two without having them woven together in some way, either in a program against each other, or teaming up.

This Wild Card thing is so weird. Like what if KO and Zayn want to challenge for tag titles? Do they go challenge on Raw or SD? What if Andrade won MITB, but cashed in on Seth? He's going to be appearing weekly on SD with the big red belt while the WWE Title is also still there? Shit is weird.

also, no Lars at all from what I read.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
SmackDown Live spoilers: (Apparently should be called Backstage Promo Live)

- Reigns opens the show introducing The Miz. Shane and Elias come out instead and Shane says he banned Miz tonight. Bryan and Rowan come down and the four beat down Reigns. Uso's make the save. Shane announces a 3 on 4 handicap match for tonight, and if Miz shows up to the arena tonight, their match at MITB is off.

- Andrade beats Orton, Balor and Ali after Andrade pinned Balor. A ladder "came into play". Andrade grabs the briefcase after the match, but Rick O'Shey runs down and stops him.

- Kofi tells Xavier he's going on the KO show by himself.

- Flair promo on Lynch. Says she will win the title and end their feud once and for all

- Black backstage promo

- Shane, Elias, Bryan and Rowan def. Reigns & The Uso's. After the match, Miz made the save.

- Backstage promo from Paige hyping Asuka and Kairi

- Backstage promo from Ember Moon

- The Kabuki Warriors beat Rose and Deville, with the IIconics watching from ringside.

- Lars Sullivan interviewed backstage

- Kevin Owens with a backstage promo. Kofi makes his entrance during it, and exchanges words while Owens is still backstage. Owens runs down and brawls with Kofi, and Zayn runs down to help Owens. Woods runs down but Kami gets the advantage. Kofi gets momentum and stands tall.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Kairi and Asuka are now the Kabuki Warriors

Kyoshi Warriors are better.
kyoshi.jpg

Reactions: Serac

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
local advertisement for Extreme Rules

Kofi Kingston defending vs. Randy Orton and Kevin Owens
Seth Rollins defending vs. Baron Corbin in a tables match
Roman Reigns vs. Elias and Shane McMahon in a handicap match
AJ Styles vs. Drew McIntyre

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
local advertisement for Extreme Rules

Kofi Kingston defending vs. Randy Orton and Kevin Owens
Seth Rollins defending vs. Baron Corbin in a tables match
Roman Reigns vs. Elias and Shane McMahon in a handicap match
AJ Styles vs. Drew McIntyre

Corbin gonna win similar to how Sheamus beat Cena.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Women Tag Titles were unnecessary and a bad thing for the Women's Division. If there was another Women's belt needed, it should have been a Women's US Title for example, something to give the under-card feuds some sort of meaning.

Change my Mind.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Women Tag Titles were unnecessary and a bad thing for the Women's Division. If there was another Women's belt needed, it should have been a Women's US Title for example, something to give the under-card feuds some sort of meaning.

Change my Mind.

I don’t think they should have added any titles. They were never going to give it time or focus. They don’t need three women’s singles titles and they didn’t have enough good women to start a tag division.

Reactions: FultonReed

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don’t think they should have added any titles. They were never going to give it time or focus. They don’t need three women’s singles titles and they didn’t have enough good women to start a tag division.

Oh, I agree. I was just saying if they were dead set on needing to add another title, it should have been a title for the lower card.

People can talk about the IIconics not being on TV, but who is challenging them?

Nia Jax is out, so no Tamina/Jax
Sasha dipped so no Bayley/Sasha
Natalya/Beth wasn’t a full-time thing
Riott Squad was split up and Ruby isn’t used anyway

That leaves them with Mandy/Sonya, and Mandy is wrapped up in the MITB.

There’s no challengers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh, I agree. I was just saying if they were dead set on needing to add another title, it should have been a title for the lower card.

People can talk about the IIconics not being on TV, but who is challenging them?

Nia Jax is out, so no Tamina/Jax
Sasha dipped so no Bayley/Sasha
Natalya/Beth wasn’t a full-time thing
Riott Squad was split up and Ruby isn’t used anyway

That leaves them with Mandy/Sonya, and Mandy is wrapped up in the MITB.

There’s no challengers.
That's what happens when you only book a week ahead of time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I said it on the build to WM that the tag titles were stupid and unnecessary. The entire division has gone off the rails in the last 12+ months or so.

Reactions: FultonReed

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Update on new title being introduced on WWE Raw

Somebody on here joked that the new title is going to be a 'Wild Card Title.' I don't think they were serious. Turns out that's exactly what it is.
Sorry guys, this one's on me... at least it doesn't seem to be for guys like Taker and Goldberg though... yet.

Watch it just be the Wild Card title and is a toy for the likes of Taker, Goldberg, Lesnar, etc., before Saudi shows and one that floats between brands otherwise.

A hardcore title with 24/7 rules would be sick though.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
This sounds like abgreat Title for Bray to win right away.

Kind of like it propelled Balor for 5 minutes when he became the first ever Universal Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->