Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I honestly don’t think Vince could come up with something like that these days, or even something multi-layered in general. His mind is clearly so scattered and thinking of a million different things. I can’t see him coming up with this Wyatt character. If it were up to him Wyatt would have just been repackaged as a transvestite named Abigail Wyatt.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
My bud just tweeted a screenshot of whatever the **** they've done with Bray.

Vince needs to go. Holy hell. :facepalm::laugh:

Why are you shitting all over it before seeing where it goes? I thought it was brilliant. Clearly this is going to be a slow burn where Bray has a complete nervous breakdown.

Reactions: Jussi

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why are you ****ting all over it before seeing where it goes? I thought it was brilliant. Clearly this is going to be a slow burn where Bray has a complete nervous breakdown.

I've softened up on it upon further viewing but when I saw the initial tweet with a screenshot of Bray just all sunshine and happiness smiling at the camera, my first thought was when Vince turned Brodus Clay into the Funkasaurus. :laugh:

If Bray's sinister undertones are still there - and if they have him win a ****ing feud for once - then I'll be fine with this.

If he's back to being buried after a month or two, then what was the point?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
His maniacal laugh is still there and you can definitely see it in his tone and eyes that there’s waaaaay more to the character.

I think instead of a cult leader in the backwoods / swamp, he’s going to become a more humanized cult leader masquerading as a babyface with good intentions for a little bit. At least I hope so, I’d be here for it 100000%.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm fairly positive that this is 100% Bray's idea....just like essentially everything else with his character or in the very least....the repackage from Husky to Bray.

It was an initial shock but the more I've seen it the more I'm seeing the genius potential.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm fairly positive that this is 100% Bray's idea....just like essentially everything else with his character or in the very least....the repackage from Husky to Bray.

It was an initial shock but the more I've seen it the more I'm seeing the genius potential.
While I agree I don’t think it was his idea at all for the shit that was happening to him before the mumps saved his career imo.

There is no way I buy for a second it was his idea to straight up wrestle a match as a transvestite and become Sister Abigail when that was never the intention of Abigail to begin with.

His character was booked so poorly post-Cena and shit just kept adding on and on and on and he became something mythical a la Taker which wasn’t the point of his initial cult leader character at all.

I do think THIS is all his idea right now though. We’ll see if it stays on track though and doesn’t go haywire like the initial character though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
While I agree I don’t think it was his idea at all for the **** that was happening to him before the mumps saved his career imo.

There is no way I buy for a second it was his idea to straight up wrestle a match as a transvestite and become Sister Abigail when that was never the intention of Abigail to begin with.

His character was booked so poorly post-Cena and **** just kept adding on and on and on and he became something mythical a la Taker which wasn’t the point of his initial cult leader character at all.

I do think THIS is all his idea right now though. We’ll see if it stays on track though and doesn’t go haywire like the initial character though.

Yeah the transition to Sister Abigail bit is what made me hesitate to say that the character has been 100% him. I think Bray has been given a rare amount of control over the character and promo content but I'm with you. I don't think he'd ever want it to go the route it started to go.

He's a fantastic talker. He's got a great creative mind and knows the business. I have hope. Plus he did lose significant weight which will only help him in the ring (though he always had solid speed for a man his size).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah the transition to Sister Abigail bit is what made me hesitate to say that the character has been 100% him. I think Bray has been given a rare amount of control over the character and promo content but I'm with you. I don't think he'd ever want it to go the route it started to go.

He's a fantastic talker. He's got a great creative mind and knows the business. I have hope. Plus he did lose significant weight which will only help him in the ring (though he always had solid speed for a man his size).
I don’t expect him to keep that shape once he’s back on the road full time again but he should be able to maintain it long enough until his character transitions to the next step where he’d probably “crack” and go back to working heel.

There’s few talents I have faith in making almost anything work: Daniel, Sami, Kevin, Bray and Dean - although the latter two were extreme victims of creative/Vince losing the plot themselves.

But after re-watching the vignette I’m so excited for his return to TV and what happens.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Bray blatantly says got a reminder to keep him from being the bad guy he was before.

He then destroys the cut out....with a chain saw.

There's clear evil coming

There's something indeed very sinister about a Mr Rogers-type character using a chainsaw in front of kids, while laughing maniacally.

"....All you have to do, is let me in."

Sounds like the tagline from a horror flick. :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm more intrigued to see if they attach any of the other wrestlers to those puppets.

If the doll had a Scottish accent that would've been a dead giveaway for Nikki Cross but I don't think it did.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm more intrigued to see if they attach any of the other wrestlers to those puppets.

If the doll had a Scottish accent that would've been a dead giveaway for Nikki Cross but I don't think it did.

I saw a theory that Eric Young represents the buzzard and Nikki Cross represents the doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad