Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoilers - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NXT held tapings last night

Full spoilers from NXT’s June 21 taping at Full Sail

Seems like lots of matches and not necessarily angles.

First off, nobody was off the show except Lars Sullivan. Nikki Cross, Velveteen Dream, Gargano were all there. Kairi Sane won a triple threat to become #1 contender including Nikki and Candace LeRae.

Ciampa laid out Aleister Black, based on the results, there was no interaction between he and Gargano.

Undisputed Era won the tag belts back after Tyler Bate threw in the towel with Trent Seven tied up in a leg lock, which is weird but ok, I'm confident that it will make sense.

EC3 confronted Velveteen Dream. Dream beat Dijak, but EC3 lost to Gargano.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Weird that Ciampa and Gargano have nothing together considering their feud clearly isn't over.

Thought maybe we'd get Ciampa winning the NXT title while Gargano is "injured" I guess you could write him off for the DDT on the wood. Or have Ciampa attack Gargano again and take him out.

The only issue is Gargano would have to be out for a long time considering the next TakeOver after SS isn't till November

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The simplest thing would be that Gargano attacks Ciampa before the match with Black. Turnabout being fairplay

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Did counting, they've got eight weeks of TV until the next Takeover and one more taping. So that'll be four episodes form each, unless they are using some of the UK show stuff too.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's amazing that NXT just does the right thing....always.

If somebody got as hot as Ciampa but on the main roster they'd either wait 6 months too late to pull the trigger or not at all

Reactions: ColePens

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
DANG!! Thats awesome, sad that I looked. Although I'd probably forget to watch NXT and be spoiled anyways, now this makes me want to watch tomorrow!

Ciampa vs Gargano III at Brooklyn for the title bois!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Read the full results so TakeOver is looking like..

Tommaso Ciampa vs Aleistar Black vs Johnny Gargano
Moustache Mountain vs The Undisputed Era
Kairi Sane vs Shayne Baszler
EC3 vs Velveteen Dream
Adam Cole vs Ricochet

Bruh....

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Read the full results so TakeOver is looking like..

Tommaso Ciampa vs Aleistar Black vs Johnny Gargano
Moustache Mountain vs The Undisputed Era
Kairi Sane vs Shayne Baszler
EC3 vs Velveteen Dream
Adam Cole vs Ricochet

Bruh....
Also looked like they could be setting up for Undisputed Era vs War Raider at Takeover War Games

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m pretty surprised they did a title switch at Full Sail. I am very much here for it. The only issue I have is Black never having main evented as champion, which leads me to believe that he’s eventually getting it back.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Black's reign on paper looks kinda underwhelming which is really unfair to him. Just a matter of bad timing with the hottest feud the company has had in years overshadowing him.

Though I do think Sullivan wasn't a great choice for opponent - even if Black did manage to carry him to something decent. That match was built so nobody would care.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ciampa getting the belt sooner rather then later makes sense. He is just too hot not to.

I just didn’t expect it at Full Sail.

Black deserved a better reign, but they are in a tough spot because it just makes sense to strap the rocket to Ciampa right now.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Black's reign on paper looks kinda underwhelming which is really unfair to him. Just a matter of bad timing with the hottest feud the company has had in years overshadowing him.

Though I do think Sullivan wasn't a great choice for opponent - even if Black did manage to carry him to something decent. That match was built so nobody would care.

Yeah, that WWE fans vs WWE Creative feud is straight fire.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just another example of NXT doing everything right while WWE doesn't capitalize on who's hot at the moment

It isn’t rocket science. Strap the rocket to the guy who is on fire.

The moment Ciampa walked out in New Orleans with no theme and got one of the biggest heel heat reactions I have seen in forever, you just knew what they had to do.

I say that as a big fan of Black and wishing he had a better run.

WWE creative would have just tried to make Ciampa a face, or buried him.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It isn’t rocket science. Strap the rocket to the guy who is on fire.

The moment Ciampa walked out in New Orleans with no theme and got one of the biggest heel heat reactions I have seen in forever, you just knew what they had to do.

I say that as a big fan of Black and wishing he had a better run.

WWE creative would have just tried to make Ciampa a face, or buried him.
Ciampa is the best heel in wrestling right now and has been getting that good heel heat, not go away heat.

I think Black wins the title back eventually and then gets his run, he just got caught in the middle of the hottest feud in wrestling, which was going to outshine any champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->