Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Styles is what, 37 or 38? He's got some years left and is 100% a main event talent, but I don't think you should invest so heavily in a guy that's going to retire or drop to part-time within 5 years.

Let him have a big career defining title run, let him win the belt a few times, give him a RR win if you want. But Styles over Cena at WM does what, exactly? AJ already beat him and will have had a great title run. AJ is already credible, he already beat Cena, another victory at Mania accomplishes nothing for him.

If they were going to have Cena give someone the rub at WM it should have been Bray Wyatt 2 years ago, his career would have been made and he'd be credible for 10 years.

But what does having Cena go over accomplish?

I wish they had the courage to let Nakamura win the Rumble and go over Styles in a MOTY

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The definition of the old era, who is also transitioning into a part time role, going over and winning the belt off both a smark and fan favorite that represents the new in the company?

Ya it would get **** on.

The mere thought of Cena winning the Rumble makes me hear a whole arena booing the hell out of it.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't think Cena going over Styles would get **** on. Especially if Cena is away until the Rumble. He hasn't held the top title in over 2 years now. He been away from the main event scene for long enough that one last title win at WM will likely be accepted by the fans.

He also has not main evented a WrestleMania since 29.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agree with Loosie. He's stayed out of the title picture for a good bit. I wouldn't have any problem with him main eventing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
B paper view or even one of the smaller big 4s? Sure.

Mania? **** that. I am beyond done with Cena main eventing and going over at Mania. Two years removed doesn't balance out the years when he was in that spot.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Styles odds have grown to win the title over Ambrose.
- Nikki's odds have shrunk and Becky's closing in.
- The Field's odds against Slater & Rhyno is shrinking, but still favoured.
- Orton's odds have grown against Wyatt.
- Miz's odds have lowered against Ziggler, but still favoured.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Wyatt doesn't end up winning, or loses clean to Orton, then I officially give up hope on Wyatt ever being champion.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
If Wyatt doesn't end up winning, or loses clean to Orton, then I officially give up hope on Wyatt ever being champion.

Eh, in his whole career The Undertaker has been champion a combined 2/3 of a year. WWE has never viewed a monster heel needing the championship to be important.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah but Taker actually won feuds. Or matches even.

Exactly. They kept Taker in the upper mid card for years. Especially early on, but he almost always won his feuds.

Hell the only times he usually lost feuds he took time off and came back slightly repackaged (switch from grey to purple gloves, switch to lord of darkness, switch to ministry, etc).

So ya you don't have to put a belt on Bray for any extended period, but you need to have him go over more often then not at his current level on the card.

Losing feud after feud while coming out the next night giving the same promos aren't helping him.

He could be their new Taker, but they just won't pull the trigger.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Eh, in his whole career The Undertaker has been champion a combined 2/3 of a year. WWE has never viewed a monster heel needing the championship to be important.

Bray hasn't won a solo PPV match in....14 months?

He's not a monster anything. That's the problem

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's a fairly meaningless point when he's been injured a couple of times this year so hasn't actually done anything for the majority of that time.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I am flat against Cena ever winning the WWE Title again. If he wants to go after and win the IC Title, I'm fine with that but he doesn't deserve to tie Ric Flair's title reign count.

Not to mention that sham of a title run he had after Punk left the company with the title shouldn't be recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad