Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, I'm fully expecting it to go:

- Styles defeats Ambrose at Backlash for the title
- Styles defeats Ambrose again at No Mercy to retain, maybe in a gimmick match
- Styles defeats Orton at Survivor Series & TLC to retain the title.
- Styles defeats a filler opponent at the Rumble, Cena returns and wins the Rumble match.
- Cena defeats Styles at Wrestlemania to win the title.

I don't have a problem with it, to be honest. Styles still has the feather in his cap as one of the very few guys to ever pin Cena clean since 2005, and he holds onto the WWE World title for a good 6-7 month reign.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, I'm fully expecting it to go:

- Styles defeats Ambrose at Backlash for the title
- Styles defeats Ambrose again at No Mercy to retain, maybe in a gimmick match
- Styles defeats Orton at Survivor Series & TLC to retain the title.
- Styles defeats a filler opponent at the Rumble, Cena returns and wins the Rumble match.
- Cena defeats Styles at Wrestlemania to win the title.

I don't have a problem with it, to be honest. Styles still has the feather in his cap as one of the very few guys to ever pin Cena clean since 2005, and he holds onto the WWE World title for a good 6-7 month reign.

Plus if he’s facing Cena at WM its likely to be the main event? With Cena winning his 16th title Vince will want that to end the show and be a big moment. So… AJ gets to main event a WM!!!

Idk how I feel about Cena winning the Rumble tho.. but if Fin’s still out i’m fine with him coming back at Fastlane to challenge Seth who has finally regained his title. (IF they don’t go with HHH vs Seth at Mania)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Plus if he’s facing Cena at WM its likely to be the main event? With Cena winning his 16th title Vince will want that to end the show and be a big moment. So… AJ gets to main event a WM!!!

Idk how I feel about Cena winning the Rumble tho.. but if Fin’s still out i’m fine with him coming back at Fastlane to challenge Seth who has finally regained his title. (IF they don’t go with HHH vs Seth at Mania)

I think if Cena is winning his 16th title, Cena/Styles would headline Wrestlemania 33 over anyone from the Raw brand.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think Cena/Styles at Mania is where this is heading tbh. Styles win on Sunday, wins the rematch. Feuds with Orton until the Rumble and then Cena comes back.

Edit: Whoops, didn't realize MCG just outlined this exact scenario above. :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I understand that that is probably where it's leading to but I don't like it at all. I don't want Cena winning a 16th title and I sure as hell don't want Styles doing the job a second time in the two Wrestlemanias he's been in. I just don't like it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not convinced they would do that at Mania, and if they did it would be a terrible terrible choice that would get really **** on.

It didn't stop WWE from having Reigns/HHH in a 30-minute main event match.

Cena/Styles would at least be a MOTYC.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I'm not convinced they would do that at Mania, and if they did it would be a terrible terrible choice that would get really **** on.

I dont see that match getting **** on at all. I dont think Cena hasbquite the same disdain as he used to. I also think the Roman push has made many appreciate Cena even more.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I dont see that match getting **** on at all. I dont think Cena hasbquite the same disdain as he used to. I also think the Roman push has made many appreciate Cena even more.

I very much agree with this. When Cena got hurt and Roman was in the middle of his super push/reign of terror, I think A LOT of people grew to appreciate Cena more.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I very much agree with this. When Cena got hurt and Roman was in the middle of his super push/reign of terror, I think A LOT of people grew to appreciate Cena more.

Super Cena booking is still fresh in people's minds. This current use of Cena where they step him down the card a bit, and he actually puts someone over cleanly works well for the crowd.

Having Cena kick out of two Styles Clashes to take the belt off AJ won't go over well.

Plus it is short minded and stupid booking. They need to make new stars and a big Mania moment is the place to do that.

One more LOLCenawins doesn't help with that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Styles already is a star. Being in the WrestleMania main event against John Cena is a moment within itself.

Cena is going to tie Flair, and it should happen at WrestleMania. It's a historic moment, and Styles is the best guy to be apart of that.

It isn't even close to "lolcenawins"

The quality that match will be, as well as the stage it's on, as well as the moment that will end up happening, would make it the easy moment of the year in all of wrestling.

If anyone thinks Styles losing there, hurts him whatsoever, is either an irrational Cena hater, or doesn't understand what wrestling is at its core

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Seeing Styles walk into the main event of WM as champ would be pretty amazing tho

Cena vs Styles
Balor vs Rollins

As your two main title matches would be amazing. Throw in

Lesnar vs Joe
Sasha vs Bayley

Not a bad card. Idk who you’d have Undertaker face tho.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seeing Styles walk into the main event of WM as champ would be pretty amazing tho

Cena vs Styles
Balor vs Rollins

As your two main title matches would be amazing. Throw in

Lesnar vs Joe
Sasha vs Bayley

Not a bad card. Idk who you’d have Undertaker face tho.

Hopefully Taker gives Wyatt his dues.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Styles already is a star. Being in the WrestleMania main event against John Cens is moment within itself.

Cena is going to tie Flair, and it should happen at WrestleMania. It's a historic moment, and Styles is the best guy to be apart of that.

It isn't even close to "lolcenawins"

The quality that match will be, as well as the stage it's on, as well as the moment that will end up happening, would make it the easy moment of the year in all of wrestling.

If anyone thinks Styles losing there, hurts him whatsoever, is either an irrational Cena hater, or doesn't understand what wrestling is at its core

Agreed. Styles being apart of that is huuuuuge. I also don’t think the crowd would **** on it, sure they might realize Cena is gonna win, but the match would be great and pops would definitely be there with a few close pin falls by Styles, a couple “Styles might actually retain?!!?†moments and then when Cena wins I think the fans won’t boo too bad, give him some claps for the great match he put on, similar to the reaction he got at SS, although he put Styles over then so Idk.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I really don't want Styles and Cena unless Styles goes over, and regardless, he already went over twice, and once clean when that NEVER happens to Cena. They did this summer program, don't need a RTWM program too.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Styles is what, 37 or 38? He's got some years left and is 100% a main event talent, but I don't think you should invest so heavily in a guy that's going to retire or drop to part-time within 5 years.

Let him have a big career defining title run, let him win the belt a few times, give him a RR win if you want. But Styles over Cena at WM does what, exactly? AJ already beat him and will have had a great title run. AJ is already credible, he already beat Cena, another victory at Mania accomplishes nothing for him.

If they were going to have Cena give someone the rub at WM it should have been Bray Wyatt 2 years ago, his career would have been made and he'd be credible for 10 years.

Oct 18, 2011
hopefully styles wins the title, he can elevate it more than ambrose. hopefully they find a way to put rollins vs styles at WM and give them 30 minutes

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
hopefully styles wins the title, he can elevate it more than ambrose. hopefully they find a way to put rollins vs styles at WM and give them 30 minutes

It could be possible depending how the Rumble Winner goes. Do they allow the winner to pick between the Universal or WWE or if its a RAW guy he HAS to go after the RAW title, or if its a SD guy he has to go for the SD title.

Cena/Styles makes sense. Specially if AJ keeps the whole I’m the face that runs the place and beat Cena stuff going. Pena comes back to get his win back against the guy he couldn’t really beat.

Oct 18, 2011
It could be possible depending how the Rumble Winner goes. Do they allow the winner to pick between the Universal or WWE or if its a RAW guy he HAS to go after the RAW title, or if its a SD guy he has to go for the SD title.

Cena/Styles makes sense. Specially if AJ keeps the whole I’m the face that runs the place and beat Cena stuff going. Pena comes back to get his win back against the guy he couldn’t really beat.
i think styles vs cena for the title at WM makes sense, given that they've had a few matches, and now you need something with higher stakes on the line to get people interested

i guess you could do it non title and make cena put his career on the line but that is a predictable result

Isi

Sep 4, 2016
they should do M.C.G. 31's plan...and have Styles goes over. Cena can get 16 later, maybe even at the WM after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad