Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Sorry its still No Mercy, and I will gladly fight anyone in a match on No Mercy who says otherwise. Oh and I get to pick the guest referee of course.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
At the time I liked the N64 controller but looking back on it...it was pretty horrific.

Gamecube still probably my favourite controller ever. Playstation would be next.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
At the time I liked the N64 controller but looking back on it...it was pretty horrific.

Gamecube still probably my favourite controller ever. Playstation would be next.
Nintendo has had a lot of terrible controllers. The NES ones zero ergonomics and had corners that dug right into your palms. The SNES invented rounded corners, but was still flat and awkward to actually hold. The N64 was by far the worst with it's stupid three-pronged design that you had to hold off centre to use. That's if you could physically hold it as my hands are far too big to actual do so. The gamecube was actually good, even if the buttons of the right were a bit wacky. But then they jumped off a cliff with the terrible Wii motion crap.

Meanwhile, Sony have basically the exact same controller from the very first PSX. They got it right first time and never changed.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have never owned another system other than Playstations... Well, i owned a super nintendo but that doesn't count.

I just love the Playstation controller.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we went trhough this; No Mercy is an overrated.
it was only fun when you had friends over but which game isnt, really....

i wouldnt mind playing one of those modded versions on PC with updated roster just for fun. but then again if the story is the same, doesnt matter really cuz you're done so fast.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
we went trhough this; No Mercy is an overrated.
it was only fun when you had friends over but which game isnt, really....

i wouldnt mind playing one of those modded versions on PC with updated roster just for fun. but then again if the story is the same, doesnt matter really cuz you're done so fast.

Oh we'll keep going over this again and again until you recognize No Mercy as the great wrestling game of all-time...of all-time.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
WCW/NWO Revenge is the best wrestling video game ever.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
What might be more fun, the worst wrestling game of all time? My vote goes Wrestlemania for NES. Pinning only worked like half the time. I hated this damn game but still played it all the time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hmmmm....in hindsight...I really liked WWF Royal Rumble for the SNES.

WWFRoyalRumbleSNES.png

Due to tech limitations though the only way you could eliminate people (that I discovered anyway) was to stand near the ropes and let dudes run at you. When they got close you hip tossed them over the top rope.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hmmmm....in hindsight...I really liked WWF Royal Rumble for the SNES.

WWFRoyalRumbleSNES.png

Due to tech limitations though the only way you could eliminate people (that I discovered anyway) was to stand near the ropes and let dudes run at you. When they got close you hip tossed them over the top rope.

You could also atomic drop then over the ropes.

The easier way was to stand at the opposite end as the AI would usually run at you and just hip toss them out. You would win in record time and the ring would never fill up that way.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I remember one game I had you could throw guys out right away if you stood behind where the entrance animation ended and just do a German suplex.

But those matches were great with friends when you all knew the cheap tricks.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Sorry its still No Mercy, and I will gladly fight anyone in a match on No Mercy who says otherwise. Oh and I get to pick the guest referee of course.

I'd take you up on that, but the frame rate in No Mercy slows down too much if we add bells and whistles like guest referees, tag teams, ladders, etc.

HCTP, then WrestleMania 2000. No Mercy can't even give you a full wrestling entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->