WWE: Raw/SD/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How is Sasha credible, Charlotte a maybe, and Becky not? Becky could be their big underdog face. She still gets positive reactions despite ****** booking and being pushed aside, unlike Bayley whose booking has killed her reactions.

Becky could absolutely be a legit threat to ending Asuka's undefeated streak with a bit of build.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How is Sasha credible, Charlotte a maybe, and Becky not? Becky could be their big underdog face. She still gets positive reactions despite ****** booking and being pushed aside, unlike Bayley whose booking has killed her reactions.

Becky could absolutely be a legit threat to ending Asuka's undefeated streak with a bit of build.

I agree Becky could but she shouldn't. Nobody should for like two years.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Hopefully they are smart enough to run Asuka as an undefeated champion for a while and her first loss comes at mania this year or even better next years mania

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Hopefully they are smart enough to run Asuka as an undefeated champion for a while and her first loss comes at mania this year or even better next years mania

6723%252B-%252Blaughing%252Bsmiling%252Bsuit%252Bvince_mcmahon%252Bwwf.png

ill be shocked if shes still undefeated a few weeks after debuting

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Question: How is Sasha seen as credible and Charlotte is only a maybe?

Charlotte's not even making TV right now, that was before Ric went into the hospital.

If you're going by booking of the current main roster, the only 'credible' threat is Nia Jax, who I've already seen have bad matches with Asuka, and lose.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The problem with SD is they want to act like all the women are equal and anyone can beat anyone else.

No lady is a star and considered above the rest. That kind of booking doesn't work with Asuka.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
6723%252B-%252Blaughing%252Bsmiling%252Bsuit%252Bvince_mcmahon%252Bwwf.png

ill be shocked if shes still undefeated a few weeks after debuting

Hence why I said if they were smart, but I know that they aren't so I do totally agree the Gongshow that she will lose on a raw in December to like Carmella so Carmella looks strong to win the title

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC

Becky is why I started watching again, she used to wrestle locally & she's a great talent. Both then & now.

I'm really disappointed with how they've used her. I figured once she got the title on Smackdown that she was going to be built up, not torn down & made a joke of. It's a real shame...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you think about it, it's really incredible, yet not surprising, what they've done with the Four Horsewomen after that #divasrevolution and the match they had at Wrestlemania. The whole thing was DOA until Becky got over. And then, not really a factor at Wrestlemania, and almost completely off the show at SummerSlam, neither Bayley nor Sasha were the original plan. And you couldn't say right now that Bayley vs. Sasha would be that hot of a feud anymore whereas a year ago we all thought it would be one of their top programs.

And all of this with the women's tournament about to air. If they're doing the MMA thing, then they will have to be built to look good, it may have started with Sasha winning the title (as long as she doesn't drop it right back), but they should all be in position to be really big stars right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Charlotte was the only one with any real momentum for an extended period of time and they managed to cool her off as well.

Asuka could be the way they finally make one of them a real star.

Speaking of her sh should be really easy to book. It is basic Brock booking minus suplex city. She doesn't need to talk much. She only has to kill people and win.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Dunn is going to hate that Asuka hardly speaks English. Nakamura at least knows English. I can't see Asuka yelling at other girls in Japanese being copacetic. I don't need to see her in random tag matches either.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I remember reading on Reddit that Tozawa beat Neville for the title just to have a title change on TV. Vince just decided to do it out of nowhere to make a TV moment. Then they put the title back on Neville and we're all confused why Tozawa won in the first place.

That's who's running this company. I love Asuka, but now that she's on the main roster, I fully expect her to be ruined within a year.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I remember reading on Reddit that Tozawa beat Neville for the title just to have a title change on TV. Vince just decided to do it out of nowhere to make a TV moment. Then they put the title back on Neville and we're all confused why Tozawa won in the first place.

That's who's running this company. I love Asuka, but now that she's on the main roster, I fully expect her to be ruined within a year.
Title changes like that on TV are important. If it never happened then all title matches are meaningless and when you advertise them on TV no one will watch as they already know it's pointless. By letting it happen every now and then you get that burst of excitement and you can then sell other matches on the payoff. The same logic applies to house shows.

So yes it's random, but it's not pointless. You could just as easily done the same with other titles, but they are mostly tied up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I do wonder what they do first. Do you put her right into the title picture or start her off squashing enhancement talent as you build the undefeated streak for the main roster audience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad