RAW/NXT/PPV Spoiler Thread 4 -- All Spoilers HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
A note on the New Day vs League of Nations match that's happening at 'Mania.

It's meant to be an 'important' match as far as it sets things up for afterward. New Day are meant to come out of it as faces, but no clue on what it's setting up.

New Day shouldn't be faces, let them be goofy heels. They should take out a face tag team or win some big triple threat tag match or w.e to make them look strong. Sets up the arrival of a new FACE tag team from NXT E&C and then New Day gives their big rub to them. Jesus WWE what are you doing

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So this is the current reported card:

HHH vs Reigns - World Title
Undertaker vs Shane
Ambrose vs Lesnar
Charlotte vs Becky vs Sasha Women’s Title
Styles vs Jericho
New Day vs League of Nations - Tag Title
Owens vs Zayn vs Miz vs Ziggler vs Neville vs ??? - Intercontinental Title
Kalisto vs Ryback - US Title
Andre Battle Royal

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kalisto vs. Ryback... :facepalm:

WWE has it completely backwards. The US title should be the multi-man match and the IC match should be the one-on-one.

Owens/Zayn
Kalisto/Miz/Neville/Ryback/Ziggler/whatever LON member that isn't in the tag title

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't disagree, but I think they're doing it right as it is for the IC Title.

Owens vs Zayn should happen in a multi-man match to start things off. Let something happen in that match which can carry on afterward. If we had had a longer build then I think a singles match would be fine, but we've not had one. Styles and Jericho have had that slot on the show recently, and I'm happy with how that has gone so I can't complain.

Ryback, I don't dislike him like most do. I think he's a useful kind of guy to have on the roster, but I don't think he should ever have a big push. He should mostly serves as a gatekeeper type guy for smaller guys to beat. Make him a power giant-lite kind of guy, make him a beatable challenge. I don't really have a problem with the pairing with Kalisto for a program.

That being said, I don't think this is the match they should have made. I would have gone with Kalisto vs Neville, with the match being a classic fast paced opener. If I wanted smaller man vs bigger man match, I would have kept Kalisto vs Del Rio going for this spot.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As long as Kalisto goes over I guess i'm fine with it....even tho I'm not a Ryback fan, he's pretty boring. I don't think he'll make Kalistos move set look good like most people do.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Kalisto vs. Ryback... :facepalm:

WWE has it completely backwards. The US title should be the multi-man match and the IC match should be the one-on-one.

Owens/Zayn
Kalisto/Miz/Neville/Ryback/Ziggler/whatever LON member that isn't in the tag title

I prefer the way it is actually...though in an ideal world Ryback wouldn't be on Mania at all (how he's already booked but Bray is probably just a throw into the Battle Royal is beyond me) but we'll get some build with Owens/Zayn and probably an awesome match with talented dudes like Neville added, etc and then it leads off into Owens/Zayn. Extend it as long as we can.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A note on the New Day vs League of Nations match that's happening at 'Mania.

It's meant to be an 'important' match as far as it sets things up for afterward. New Day are meant to come out of it as faces, but no clue on what it's setting up.

Can forget about Enzo and Cass then

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Word is Cena will be doing something at Mania (something could be anything though. Doesn't officially mean run in but that is possible)

There are no plans for title changes at Roadblock (but that could change)

Sami is working Roadblock

And Lana has NEW backstage heat

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Don't do this to me!

I would still stick with the what was considered the plan to debut them at the post-mania raw.

They might not feud with New Day, or maybe they turn them heel? Also maybe the feud with LON is New Day is just face for this feud (so its not heel/heel) and they switch back after Mania?

They have been face in all their LON encounters, but heel against Y2AJ

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
New Day should always be heel. They wouldn't be able to do some of their best quirks or moves as a face team

Well them making fun of the LON default makes them faces. More attitude era faces.

Plus they insult the crowd and people cheer them anyway. They don't get booed anywhere.

Still they could still be booked as the heels post LON feud.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just realized there was never a reason given for that nothing Ziggler handicap match was there?

No one got over and it served no purpose except for Steph to emasculate Dolph in that promo

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Just realized there was never a reason given for that nothing Ziggler handicap match was there?

No one got over and it served no purpose except for Steph to emasculate Dolph in that promo

It helped bury Wade Barret more, he was the only LON member eliminated and basically right after he was eliminated they pinned Ziggler, why even eliminate Wade if they were just going to squash Dolph

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto

Dolph wrote a work Tweet earlier in the day about the Authority being irrelevant until Shane came back.

Oct 18, 2011
big dave says vince is not a fan of NXT

he also says that there may be some sort of internal power struggle taking place again and that vince does not like being perceived as old and out of touch

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
big dave says vince is not a fan of NXT

he also says that there may be some sort of internal power struggle taking place again and that vince does not like being perceived as old and out of touch

Doesn't like NXT, but does not like being perceived as old and out of touch. Vince gonna Vince.

Sammy225

Aug 9, 2011
People trying to push Vince out lol?????

"Vince we found this nice retirement home for you and would like you to check it out. Its in Orlando so you can even be a guest at Wrestlemania next year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->