Ratings Corrections

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
It seems as though people may have missed this post from Nick in the main 2013-14 ratings thread as I've only heard from two or three people with updates.

Gents,

I've uploaded the corrected ratings file for the players who have less than 80 games and who should have a bump. The increases range from 1-7 points for SC and PA. There are two tabs in the file, so check both for potential forwards and d-men you have on your roster with less than 80 games. Obviously don't bother for guys you aren't going to have on your roster.

For the changes required, please e-mail simgod and indicate what the bump should be and for which players. He has the file for reference.

Apologies, and good catch by those who noticed. I actually have four players impacted, although they are just my depth defenders.

Not a ton of players are impacted, but please make sure you review the Corrected Ratings file found in the 2013-14 Ratings Folder of the Yahoo group for any updates that need to be made to your active players.

Email updates to [email protected].

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Sorry, I'm a little confused as to what we're being asked to do. The corrected ratings are there - do we need to confirm them in an email? Just unsure why the changes aren't simply being applied...

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Sorry, I'm a little confused as to what we're being asked to do. The corrected ratings are there - do we need to confirm them in an email? Just unsure why the changes aren't simply being applied...

The short version is that the ratings file Nick compiles doesn't jive with the roster files from the Sim very well. To make these updates to the whole league in one shot is a lot of work and would undo all the little updates/corrections I've made since the initial ratings update.

Many of the players in the file are unsigned rookies, euro defectors or retired players that don't require any update at all. Since I don't know every player in the league it's a lot easier on me (I'm very lazy) to have the GM review and submit their required corrections than for me to go through one by one.

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
To be back up what Jeff has said, there are like 10-15 guys that probably matter in terms of being dressed on a team's opening night roster, where as it impacted several hundred player ratings, most of which are completely irrelevant (i.e. bumping PA from 55 to 56 for fringe guys).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->