Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear

Jun 15, 2004
PA
Starting goalie for Harvard. He's a senior, here are his stats:

GP W L T GA MIN GAA SO SV SV%
25 16 7 2 39 1497 1.56 5 715 .948

2nd in the NCAA in SO, 2nd in GAA, and 1st in SV%.

Opinions on his potential? The Flyers have a ton of goalie prospects, think he'll make it big?

Here's his Hockeysfuture page:

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=3475

It's from last year though, and was made after his "okay" junior season.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Nuclear said:
Starting goalie for Harvard. He's a senior, here are his stats:

GP W L T GA MIN GAA SO SV SV%
25 16 7 2 39 1497 1.56 5 715 .948

2nd in the NCAA in SO, 2nd in GAA, and 1st in SV%.

Opinions on his potential? The Flyers have a ton of goalie prospects, think he'll make it big?

Here's his Hockeysfuture page:

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=3475

It's from last year though, and was made after his "okay" junior season.

I'm not real big on stats, especially for goalies, but those are actually slightly better than Yann Danis' stats during his senior year at Brown (although I think Harvard does have a better defense, with guys like Welch and Lannon) and you have to have seen how much Danis gets pimped around here. Still, extremely impressive for Grummet-Morris. The Flyers might have a huge steal on their hands.

Only time will tell though, and as mentioned earlier Harvard's defense has a pretty good top two and I'm not huge on goalie stats. :dunno:

edit: I should also make it very clear I've never seen the guy play, I'm going solely on stats, which appear to be VERY impressive.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I've only started watching minor/college hockey this season. So I have no idea what to look for in a prospect. However, I have seen Harvard play a couple times this year. I was mostly looking at Welch because he's a Pens prospect, but Dov really impressed me. He seemed to make saves that some of the other college guys I've seen wouldn't make. He was in position, he made the saves and he didn't leave ugly rebounds. He just looked like a really solid goalie. After the second game, I had to look him up to see if the Pens could maybe steal him in the draft or something. I was less than happy when I found out he was already a Flyer :innocent:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Vicious Vic said:
I'm not real big on stats, especially for goalies, but those are actually slightly better than Yann Danis' stats during his senior year at Brown (although I think Harvard does have a better defense, with guys like Welch and Lannon) and you have to have seen how much Danis gets pimped around here. Still, extremely impressive for Grummet-Morris. The Flyers might have a huge steal on their hands.

Only time will tell though, and as mentioned earlier Harvard's defense has a pretty good top two and I'm not huge on goalie stats. :dunno:

edit: I should also make it very clear I've never seen the guy play, I'm going solely on stats, which appear to be VERY impressive.

Danis was one of the better goalies in the ECAC in recent history imo. Look at the numbers he put up on a less then stellar team. Havard imo has a solid defense in front of Morris. Me personally I don't think Morris is on the level of Danis if you look at their careers but he is having an outstanding senior year. I think Danis was better on a team with less talent but since I'm a Habs fan guess that makes me a homer. Morris I've seen a lot of and when he's on his game he's a very good goalie, flyers got a number of interesting goalie prospects.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I've seen Grumet-Morris every year he's been at Harvard. His biggest problem throughout his collegiate career IMO has been consistency. He'll be unbeatable one night and couldn't stop a puck to save his life the next. He's been playing well of late and his stats are excellent, but I'm still waiting to see if he's got what it takes to elevate his game, particularly in the FF tourney. He didn't do it vs. Maine last season, even when the Crimson had the lead going into the 3rd period.

If he can elevate his game and crank up a notch along with have some consistency, he'll certainly have a shot at the NHL.

BTW, the Grumet-Morris comparison to Danis doesn't even make sense. Harvard had a far better defense last season than Brown did. If you watched Danis play with Brown (particularly in his junior and senior season), you'll notice that on many nights Danis WAS Brown's defense.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Oilers Chick said:
BTW, the Grumet-Morris comparison to Danis doesn't even make sense. Harvard had a far better defense last season than Brown did. If you watched Danis play with Brown (particularly in his junior and senior season), you'll notice that on many nights Danis WAS Brown's defense.

Now he is the Bulldog's defense.

AG9NK35DT8*

montreal said:
Me personally I don't think Morris is on the level of Danis
:lol Ofcourse Danis is a Hab and Morris is a flyer. a comment I would hhave expected. And what if Morris was a Hab then im sure ,well i know you would be saying the complete opposite of your commnt above.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
AG9NK35DT8 said:
:lol Ofcourse Danis is a Hab and Morris is a flyer. a comment I would hhave expected. And what if Morris was a Hab then im sure ,well i know you would be saying the complete opposite of your commnt above.

Well you could always watch both of them play and see for yourself.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
montreal said:
Danis was one of the better goalies in the ECAC in recent history imo. Look at the numbers he put up on a less then stellar team. Havard imo has a solid defense in front of Morris. Me personally I don't think Morris is on the level of Danis if you look at their careers but he is having an outstanding senior year. I think Danis was better on a team with less talent but since I'm a Habs fan guess that makes me a homer. Morris I've seen a lot of and when he's on his game he's a very good goalie, flyers got a number of interesting goalie prospects.

Um, no offense, but that's basically what I said so there's really not a reason to disagree with me. Morris clearly has a better defense in front of him than Danis ever did.
I'm not sure what AGN9K is thinking, but it seems pretty obvious to me that you aren't being a homer (not in this case, anyway ;) ), although I think you're right: for the moment, the best way to sum up Morris' stats is "interesting."

AG9NK35DT8 said:

I'm not sure that's true. I'm pretty neutral on the Habs, and while I think a lot of their prospects are very overrated (plz don't flame, I'm not going to get into it over that statement with anyone), I like Danis a lot. As stated several times in this thread, Morris has a much better defense in front of him than Danis ever did at Brown, with some very solid guys like Lannon and Welch in front of him. He likely gets hung out to dry less than Danis did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->