Rate these Prospects (Tyutin, Grebeshkov, Michalek, Semin, Brown, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Pucky

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
Please rate these prospects for long-term potential, and provide NHL comparables if you feel qualified:

Forwards:
M. Michalek
A. Semin
Dustin Brown
Svatos
Hudler
Vorobiev
Higgins

D-Men:
Tyutin
Grebeshkov
Babchuk

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
My two cents:

Forwards:
Alex Semin- His offensive upside borders on special.
Milan Michalek- I'm not a huge fan because on top of questionable scoring upside, was this year's knee injury.
Dustin Brown- Again, not a big fan- just don't see big upside. was an early bloomer, but at worst a third liner.
Chris Higgins- Smart and smooth, Higgins is a 2nd/3rd line type of player.
Pavel Vorobiev- I still like him, but he needs to bounce back next year.
Marek Svatos- Has proven he can score at times in the NHL, and not afraid to go into the danger zones.
Jiri Hudler- Small and a pain in many ways, I don't like his attitude or his tiny build, but sweet skill.

D-Men:
Fedor Tyutin- Had a very good finish to the season in the NHL. Steady, smart and with great potential.
Anton Babchuk- Hockey sense isn't amazing, but he's big, mobile and has a cannon from the point.
Denis Grebeshkov- Not really a fan either. Don't like what I've seen just generally speaking.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Rubber Pucky said:
Please rate these prospects for long-term potential, and provide NHL comparables if you feel qualified:

Forwards:
M. Michalek
A. Semin
Dustin Brown
Svatos
Hudler
Vorobiev
Higgins

D-Men:
Tyutin
Grebeshkov
Babchuk

First off Milan Michalek will be the best player out of the group, this is how I would rate them

Michalek (Team MVP for years to come)
Brown (Hustle and talent are usually a good mix)
Svatos (one word sniper)
Semin (should improve on good rookie seasone)
Higgins (good player I would love to have on my team but overated by Habs)
Hudler (Good set of skills but needs to prove it in the NHL)
I do not know enough about Vorobiev so I can not rank him

1.Grebeshkov (How hard is this one, I give a slite edge to Grebeshkov b/c he seems to be better on D but I love what I hear about Tyutin and his offensive game. Really tough call though
1a.Tyutin
Dont know enough about babchuk

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Hossa said:
My two cents:

Forwards:
Milan Michalek- I'm not a huge fan because on top of questionable scoring upside, was this year's knee injury.
Dustin Brown- Again, not a big fan- just don't see big upside. was an early bloomer, but at worst a third liner.
Marek Svatos- Has proven he can score at times in the NHL, and not afraid to go into the danger zones.
Jiri Hudler- Small and a pain in many ways, I don't like his attitude or his tiny build, but sweet skill.

D-Men:
Fedor Tyutin- Had a very good finish to the season in the NHL. Steady, smart and with great potential.
Anton Babchuk- Hockey sense isn't amazing, but he's big, mobile and has a cannon from the point.
Denis Grebeshkov- Not really a fan either. Don't like what I've seen just generally speaking.

I agree that the injury to Michaleks knee is a concern but this time around he will be fully healed, eaven he said that he came back to early, buthis offense is way underrated. He was arguably SJ most consitant scorer (Training Camp, Pre-Seasone,, Reg-Seasone,AHL) when he was healthy.

Am I baised being a Sharks fan, yea a little but I assure you that he is much better offensivly then people give him credit for.

Here is a video of him scoring on a perfictly exicuted 2 on 1
http://sjsharks.com/sharks2002/interactive/play_of_the_game/movies/sharks_highlights_100403_2.wmv

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
sharkyz15 said:
I agree that the injury to Michaleks knee is a concern but this time around he will be fully healed, eaven he said that he came back to early, buthis offense is way underrated. He was arguably SJ most consitant scorer (Training Camp, Pre-Seasone,, Reg-Seasone,AHL) when he was healthy.

Am I baised being a Sharks fan, yea a little but I assure you that he is much better offensivly then people give him credit for.

Here is a video of him scoring on a perfictly exicuted 2 on 1
http://sjsharks.com/sharks2002/interactive/play_of_the_game/movies/sharks_highlights_100403_2.wmv

He played 9 games last year. I don't know how somebody can be a team's most consistent scorer when they score 5 points in an entire year. This was a lost year of development for a player that took a step backwards in his draft year as well.

It's not that I don't think he could be a good solid player, just from what I've seen, I don't see him as a first line talent offensively. Similar to Rostislav Olesz, he peaked early and the fact he scored half as much in 2002-03 as he did in 2001-02 (both in the Czech League) says something to me.

That's just my opinion though.

BDubinskyNYR17*

Rubber Pucky said:

Forwards:
M. Michalek
A. Semin
Dustin Brown
Svatos
Hudler
Vorobiev
Higgins

D-Men:
Tyutin
Grebeshkov
Babchuk

Maybe u should add Balej to the list. I think he will be better than Svatos. Balej has awesome skill and speed should be a first liner I feel.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
My rankings;

Forwards
01. Alexander Semin
02. Milan Michalek
03. Christopher Higgins
04. Dustin Brown
05. Marek Svatos
06. Jiri Hudler
07. Pavel Vorobiev

Defense
01. Denis Grebeshkov
02. Anton Babchuk
03. Fedor Tyutin

little a from da bx

Jun 18, 2004
JOrtmeyer41 said:
Maybe u should add Balej to the list. I think he will be better than Svatos. Balej has awesome skill and speed should be a first liner I feel.
your comment is coming form an excited ranger fan, you are not being realistic he has good potentisal most likely seconmd liner

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Forwards:
1. A. Semin
2. M. Michalek
3. Dustin Brown
4. Svatos
5. Vorobiev
6. Hudler
7. Higgins

D-Men:
1. Grebeshkov
2. Babchuk
3. Tyutin

Mr.Brownov*

Forwards:
1.Semin
2.Hudler
3.Michalek
4.Brown
5.Svatos
6.Vorobiev
7.Higgins

D's:
1.Tyutin
2.Grebeshkov
3.Babchuk

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Hossa said:
My two cents:

Forwards:

D-Men:

I agree with a lot of what you said! I am however higher on Dustin Brown than you are. A solid player there, nothing spectacular but will be very effective I feel. I prefer him to Michalek.

As for the Ds, pretty good. As far as likelihood of realizing potential, I completely agree with you but as far as having upside, I think Babchuk could be something special. Lots of huge prospects who play like wussies. This guy has the tools and he does show the willingness to make people pay the price but he is very raw. Time will tell if he will be able to read and react well enough for this level of play. if he does his stock could rise like a bullet.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Nice to see Semin gets some respect.

If only he'll cut out the dives... That's a reputation he doesn't need.

However, on the bright side, having Ovechkin will work wonders for him, IMO, it'll let him be one of the guys more so then feeling a burden of being the main offensive threat as he was at the end of the year.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Hossa said:
He played 9 games last year. I don't know how somebody can be a team's most consistent scorer when they score 5 points in an entire year. This was a lost year of development for a player that took a step backwards in his draft year as well.

It's not that I don't think he could be a good solid player, just from what I've seen, I don't see him as a first line talent offensively. Similar to Rostislav Olesz, he peaked early and the fact he scored half as much in 2002-03 as he did in 2001-02 (both in the Czech League) says something to me.

That's just my opinion though.

As far as the consistant scorer, I was talking about the time he was playing

Yes he did only play a handful of games last year but I saw him first hand in training camp and he defenetly stood out.

You saying he is not a first line player is debatable. I think he can be but it will be the sharks choice to see how to use him

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
sharkyz15 said:
As far as the consistant scorer, I was talking about the time he was playing

Yes he did only play a handful of games last year but I saw him first hand in training camp and he defenetly stood out.

You saying he is not a first line player is debatable. I think he can be but it will be the sharks choice to see how to use him

Eric Staal scored 7 goals in his first 7 NHL games. Does that make him a goal per game player? Not likely. Often times this type of thing happens to a young player coming into the league. They fly off the handle and score points in bulk and then settle down once fatigue and their young body lets them know it can't be pushed this hard every other night yet.

It's great that you have a lot of faith in Michalek, but it's also reasonable to be realistic. While Michalek does have 1st line upside, the injuries are a concern. Right now i'd say it's a flip of the coin whether or not Michalek ends up having marked success in the NHL due to the fact that he has these knee concerns. Greater players than Michalek have succumbed to knee trouble. Pavel Bure and Bobby Orr to name two.

NYRGoalieGlut*

R Grebeshkov and Babchuk at least top prospects? It seems that at least half of u, probably more, put him over Tyutin. Is it because of how good the other two guys r, or because u guys think Tyutin isn't that good, or is this Anti-Rangers bias (a lot of people hate the Rangers it's a fact, not sure if it has anything to do w/ it though)?

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
sharkyz15 said:
Higgins (good player I would love to have on my team but overated by Habs)

I don't think he's overated. People in the Habs board don't talk much about him. He's kind of hard to rank because he could become a top two line winger or a decent third line winger...I would rank him ahead of guy like Hudler and Vorobiev because of is good two way game. Skillwise he have the full package. He will not score as much point as Hudler and Vorobiev but he will have more responsability on the team. Ad to that that he's a great leader...

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I agree with a lot of what you said! I am however higher on Dustin Brown than you are. A solid player there, nothing spectacular but will be very effective I feel. I prefer him to Michalek.

As for the Ds, pretty good. As far as likelihood of realizing potential, I completely agree with you but as far as having upside, I think Babchuk could be something special. Lots of huge prospects who play like wussies. This guy has the tools and he does show the willingness to make people pay the price but he is very raw. Time will tell if he will be able to read and react well enough for this level of play. if he does his stock could rise like a bullet.

I could see why people are high on Brown. I just dont' think he'll be a big scorer in the NHL. I watched him enough in the OHL to think that the reason he scored so many goals had more to do with being ahead of the general developmental curve rather than having any spectacular ability. Of course, I don't think anybody's calling him spectacular but rather solid. What it comes down to is whether you believe his nice shot and good nose for the net will translate into good production. Personally I think he'll put up Mark Parrish type of numbers, although he'll be twice the all-round player Parrish is even on his good days. I just think Michalek has a bit more raw talent, although I'm not high on either.

I like Babchuk too. What I find impressive is that he's a big "project" type of defenceman who has developed at a fast pace since being drafted. It takes big d-men a long time to develop and Babchuk's game has taken off since being drafted. That's a major good sign for Hawks fans.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
Caniacforever said:
Greater players than Michalek have succumbed to knee trouble. Pavel Bure and Bobby Orr to name two.

For you to even mention Bure and Orr in the same breath as Michalek is a bit of praise for the young Shark. He's got a while before he can even be mentioned in the same paragraph as either.

~Crazed.

Skroob*

Bobby Orr's Knees said:
Why are people rating Babchuk & Grebeshkov higher than Tyutin? From what I've seen, Tyutin is a real special player.

He is, but because he's NYR property, reduce his value by %50 min.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Not saying he has the most potential or skill but IMO, Vorobiev is a dark horse for the Calder if there is a season next year. If the Hawks are not overly active in the FA market, count on him getting quality ice time as well as 2nd unit PP time. He is a real grinder and I bet he plays D better than any of the forwards listed.

NYRGoalieGlut*

Skroob said:
He is, but because he's NYR property, reduce his value by %50 min.

I'm confused w/ this post. R u a Rangers fan that's complaining about Anti-Rangers bias or a Rangers hater that is displaying his Anti-Rangers bias. Anyway, I guess I wasn't crazy, be honest everyone who put him last because he's a Ranger? I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be last since I don't know anything about the other players, it's just so obvious that everyone hates the Rangers and thus might put him last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->