Rate the Panthers

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for some help on my annual rating project. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins if you watched most of the Panthers games last season. So the three areas that I'm seeking input are:
  • Player Role: This is really what type of player they are, and specifically where they would slot into the average NHL team, not necessarily FLA (e.g. Malkin would be the 1C on almost any other team). So they could be Elite/All-Star, 1st liner, 2nd liner, 3rd liner, 4th liner/Scratch, Minor leaguer, High-end prospect, Low-end prospect. (don't rate 1-5 here, just list what role they are)
  • Skating: Straight ahead speed should be the primary consideration. Rate on the provided scale where 1 is the lowest, 5 is the highest and 3 is average.
  • Defense: Overall defensive skill but primarily gap control and using their stick and body to neutralize an attacker. Rate on the provided 1-5 scale.
The Scale:
5 - Well above average
4 - Above average
3 - Average
2 - Below Average
1 - Well below average
(In reality some player could be a 0 or 6, for example McDavid would rate as a 6 in skating, this would be an extremely rare case and most teams won't have a 0 or 6 in any area)

I need only 2-3 submissions, and the help is extremely appreciated!

For reference, here are the players that I'm looking for:
Aleksander Barkov
Aleksi Saarela
Brian Boyle
Colton Sceviour
Dominic Toninato
Eetu Luostarinen
Frank Vatrano
Henrik Borgstrom
Lucas Wallmark
Noel Acciari
Dryden Hunt