OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’m a huge UFO and Alien Abduction enthusiast. There is a new alien abduction movie available on demand called “Proximity” so of course I wanted to watch it and let me tell you it is bad. Very very bad. 1/10.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017

I enjoyed it but I doubt it will live long in the memory and I can't ever foresee myself re-watching it.
The long continuous shots and battle scenes were impressive.

7/10

Reactions: wintersej

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Every once in a while I get tired of the good ole' hollywood movies and search for the bizarre

The Devil's Rejects 10/10 on the bizarre chart

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
On Twitter, Brian's Song is trending as the response to the question of which movie made you cry hardest.

I would add Miracle, Field of Dreams, and Hachi to the list. Although Hachi actually made me cry the hardest.

Dogs and sports get to me, apparently :laugh:

And three of the four were based on real life stories.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
On Twitter, Brian's Song is trending as the response to the question of which movie made you cry hardest.

I would add Miracle, Field of Dreams, and Hachi to the list. Although Hachi actually made me cry the hardest.

Dogs and sports get to me, apparently :laugh:

And three of the four were based on real life stories.

Terms of Endearment. Saw it in Montreal, the whole damn audience was in tears.

Dumbo. Still can't watch it to this day.

Sophie's Choice

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
Whiplash 9.25/10
Only drawbacks from the film were it’s low budget which shows during some scenes and the script not being a masterpiece. Other than that a great movie with a beautiful fun sound track and an award winning performance by JK Simmonds

Reactions: TwineTickler

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What does "make an out" mean again? I left baseball a long time ago. Guessing it's when a catcher "makes an out" by going after a pop up.

If that's the case, I believe Dottie did so. She could do anything, you know.

Make an out as a hitter. Don't believe they ever showed her making an out as a hitter.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I'm watching the Marvel movies in order of storyline sequence (as opposed to release date). Have never seen any of them previously. Just finished "Captain America: Civil War." As a whole, I give the movies a 9/10 for entertainment value (they're comic books, after all), but Civil War gets a 7/10. "Spider Man: Homecoming" is up next.
Awesome that you're enjoying them. and looks like ur a little into it already. but you should have watched it from regular release. mostly because there's post credit scenes. if you dont care about that then it's for sure worth watching in storyline order.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not a movie but rewatched the Sopranos again and IDC what anyone says I will never like that ending.

Wonder if Rise Of Skywalker is worth my time today

I watched the Sopranos as it aired from 99 to 2007. Until Breaking Bad, it was my favorite drama of all-time.

For a time I had Seasons 2/3/4 on VHS which I re-watched prior to the original airings of Seasons 5 and 6 so that was quite some time ago. I did a re-watch the past two weeks (almost done Season 6) so while I remembered a lot of the key turning points, a lot of stuff I had forgotten.

Some things that stood out to me:

How freakin' good the 1st season was, even though James Gandolfini didn't really hit his stride playing the character until Season 2.

What a violent stretch of episodes occurred in the early goings of Season 3, episodes 4 through 6. The person I did the re-watch (who had never watched the show) termed the show as "gross" after viewing those 3 episodes.

I wonder how Vito Spatafore story-line from Season 6 would of been received had it aired here in the more politically-correct world we live in today than back in 2007.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The Host. 6/10

i just saw Parasite, which had a crazy high rating, and while i did enjoy it i found it dragged a bit and wasn’t nearly as good as the entire world seemed to think. The Host falls into the same category. Fine little film. I’ve noticed a trend with the Korean films. They can’t decide what the hell they wanna be. Are they thrillers, dark comedy, horror? Make up your GD mind and commit to a theme.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I watched the Sopranos as it aired from 99 to 2007. Until Breaking Bad, it was my favorite drama of all-time.

For a time I had Seasons 2/3/4 on VHS which I re-watched prior to the original airings of Seasons 5 and 6 so that was quite some time ago. I did a re-watch the past two weeks (almost done Season 6) so while I remembered a lot of the key turning points, a lot of stuff I had forgotten.

Some things that stood out to me:

How freakin' good the 1st season was, even though James Gandolfini didn't really hit his stride playing the character until Season 2.

What a violent stretch of episodes occurred in the early goings of Season 3, episodes 4 through 6. The person I did the re-watch (who had never watched the show) termed the show as "gross" after viewing those 3 episodes.

I wonder how Vito Spatafore story-line from Season 6 would of been received had it aired here in the more politically-correct world we live in today than back in 2007.
The Holy Trinity of TV Dramas (In no particular order):
The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad

Reactions: Bruhin

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My Movie Experiences this weekend:

The Mule: 8 of 10 (I've seen this before)_
Bombshell: 7 of 10
Richard Jewell: 7 of 10
Saving Private Ryan: 10 of 10 (one of the greatest crimes in Oscar history is the fact that "Shakespeare in Love" beat this movie for Best Picture).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad