OT: Rate the last movie you watched out of 10 AKA The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Borat 2

8/10. I didnt have high expectations but I was surprisingly entertained and it was much better than I thought it was gonna be. Not quite as good as the first only because the surprise factor wasn't there. Love him or hate him he is an extremely good filmmaker. I was much more shocked at the ignorance and appalled at the behavior of the people in the movie than Borat himself. The crazy shit that Americans will believe is mind boggling

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Borat 2

8/10. I didnt have high expectations but I was surprisingly entertained and it was much better than I thought it was gonna be. Not quite as good as the first only because the surprise factor wasn't there. Love him or hate him he is an extremely good filmmaker. I was much more shocked at the ignorance and appalled at the behavior of the people in the movie than Borat himself. The crazy shit that Americans will believe is mind boggling

the plastic surgeon in particular. Yikes.

the rest wasn’t all the surprising. The two rednecks he spent a night with weren’t anything we haven’t seen on live TV. The babysitter acted appropriately all things considered. RG is a creep, which we knew. The guy at the copy shop didn’t say anything, he was just sending faxes. Everyone at the rich kid ballroom thing was a little strange.

Reactions: HustleB

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The girl on the third floor

i admit i only watched this because CM Punk is the lead. I think it would’ve been better with someone else. Being a huge wresting fan he was just a distraction for me. The movie itself isn’t great but it’s not the worst. It doesn’t make a lick of sense until the closing minutes, which in some cases provides a nice “a-ha” moment, but not here. However, it is legitimately creepy at times. Only the purest of horror fans who also happen to know who CM Punk is should consider it

4/10

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hubie Halloween. Watched it with the kids and they were howling. In terms of Sandler movies, it's closer to The Waterboy than Billy Madison. I'd give it a 6/10. His Carl Spangler impersonation was a little too much for me to listen to the whole time.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
the plastic surgeon in particular. Yikes.

the rest wasn’t all the surprising. The two rednecks he spent a night with weren’t anything we haven’t seen on live TV. The babysitter acted appropriately all things considered. RG is a creep, which we knew. The guy at the copy shop didn’t say anything, he was just sending faxes. Everyone at the rich kid ballroom thing was a little strange.

There was more than that for sure. The whole gun rally and sing along. The republican womens group get together. The guy who sold the cage so he could keep his daughter in it. Being a Canadian it's just not behaviour I'm use to seeing or being around. Guns and right wing whack jobs just isn't part of life here. So yeah it's shocking to believe there is people like that who can believe such nonsense.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There was more than that for sure. The whole gun rally and sing along. The republican womens group get together. The guy who sold the cage so he could keep his daughter in it. Being a Canadian it's just not behaviour I'm use to seeing or being around. Guns and right wing whack jobs just isn't part of life here. So yeah it's shocking to believe there is people like that who can believe such nonsense.

Yeah, sad to say but it's just not surprising here. 10 years ago I'd be a little weirded out by it, but now it's just par for the course.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Borat 2

Thought Borat2 was a pretty good movie; had some really funny moments. Could have done without the fertility dance at the cotillion, though... I’m not at all shocked at the ignorance of the people in the movie. Ignorance abounds across the spectrum in this country. That’s the price of freedom. Socrates foretold of all this.

Reactions: LSCII

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory....Score of 10

^That maybe biased though as its one of my favorite movies and my kids watch it nearly everyday. I've seen it so many times the little things here and there I've picked up make for a crazy theory on the true meaning of the movie.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Other People

Jesse Plemons plays a comedian who moves back home with his parents and two younger sisters, to care for his mother (Molly Shannon) who is dying. I expected to sob. I did not. That's not to say the story isn't emotional or the acting isn't great. Plemons and Shannon are both incredible here. Worth a watch if you've got 90 minutes and need a low key Netflix movie. 6.5/10

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hubie Halloween. Watched it with the kids and they were howling. In terms of Sandler movies, it's closer to The Waterboy than Billy Madison. I'd give it a 6/10. His Carl Spangler impersonation was a little too much for me to listen to the whole time.
That neighborhood in Danvers is the one in back of mine my first 25 years . One of those houses on Ledgewood Dr was one of very good buds and where we usually ended on Fridays or Saturdays back in HS

I grew up in the greatest neighborhood on the planet for Halloween- not as extravagant as Hubie Halloween set but pretty spectacular and way more houses

back then we filled pillow cases and only big bars Were around

best part we would meet at our tree fort next day and trade candy

I had older siblings and our house was decorated right out of a horror movie

them was the days

love to time travel back just incredible time

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That neighborhood in Danvers is the one in back of mine my first 25 years . One of those houses on Ledgewood Dr was one of very good buds and where we usually ended on Fridays or Saturdays back in HS

I grew up in the greatest neighborhood on the planet for Halloween- not as extravagant as Hubie Halloween set but pretty spectacular and way more houses

back then we filled pillow cases and only big bars Were around

best part we would meet at our tree fort next day and trade candy

I had older siblings and our house was decorated right out of a horror movie

them was the days

love to time travel back just incredible time

That's so funny! I knew it was filmed locally, but I had no idea it was Danvers. When we were kids, we'd do my neighborhood and all the streets near it. Go to my cousins neighborhood, then to my grandparents in Winchester. We'd be out for hours and have multiple pillowcases full of candy. Now we take our kids out and an hour in, they're bored and tired and want to go back in. lol

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's so funny! I knew it was filmed locally, but I had no idea it was Danvers.
I’m surprised they didn’t use my old neighborhood when I heard about it but that area is more level

the Diner she worked is one of breakfast stops and I go by it pretty much everyday. For North Shore breakfast Reds opened up on route 1 or Iron Town Diner in Saugus are great

both outstanding

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
When did TV listings start to become so PC ???? I was looking through my on-screen listings for the night and came across this:

Includes themes and character depictions which may be offensive and problematic for contemporary audiences.

Any guesses as to what all-time classic film this is for ????

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
When did TV listings start to become so PC ???? I was looking through my on-screen listings for the night and came across this:

Includes themes and character depictions which may be offensive and problematic for contemporary audiences.

Any guesses as to what all-time classic film this is for ????

Gone With the Wind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->