Rate the Hawks

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Just clueless. 10/10 cluelessness.
Then everyone involved with pro hockey must also be clueless. Check the Athletic article and pro scouting link I posted earlier.

I've also witnessed Nick Seeler's defensive prowess myself, but alas, the hockey world is now blessed with your expertise in thwarting attacks. Shall we burn all evidence of Seeler and delete any video we have of him, and you can go on preaching your truth? Maybe build a statue of you making the holy trinity sign, DEFENSE, SHUTDOWN, PK. Because all you have is blind faith in your own words.

I repeat, the only reason Nick Seeler is an NHLer is because he defends well. Without the puck. Fact.

Now you may not think he is not an NHLer, and you're not completely wrong, but that's because of different reasons altogether. Not because he can't defend. It's because he has holes in his overall game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Then everyone involved with pro hockey must also be clueless. Check the Athletic article and pro scouting link I posted earlier.

I've also witnessed Nick Seeler's defensive prowess myself, but alas, the hockey world is now blessed with your expertise in thwarting attacks. Shall we burn all evidence of Seeler and delete any video we have of him, and you can go on preaching your truth? Maybe build a statue of you making the holy trinity sign, DEFENSE, SHUTDOWN, PK. Because all you have is blind faith in your own words.

I repeat, the only reason Nick Seeler is an NHLer is because he defends well. Without the puck. Fact.

Now you may not think he is not an NHLer, and you're not completely wrong, but that's because of different reasons altogether. Not because he can't defend. It's because he has holes in his overall game.

The athletic article you posted was a puff piece bud. It showed him being tough with Laine...congrats. We have footage from this season showing he is a shit defender and in MN he was carried and that is being kind. They loved him so much they waived him. Nick Seeler is a bad defender and it is obvious, I mean he couldn’t even crack the lineup in Chicago...

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I'm too lazy to go by the scale

but

Zack Smith
I don't really like him even as a 4th liner. Easy to replace.
Jonathan Toews
Toews' season wasn't quite as strong as 2019, though he showed up for the playoffs. He's still a great player to have. He still has it in him to go insane on a night and win the game.
Dylan Strome
Down year, don't play him on the wing for the love of God. Middle six player. That being said I could also see him being moved.
Ryan Carpenter
I rate his defensive play, and like what he's done.
Kirby Dach
He was impressive especially considering the circumstances of missing camp + preseason. Improved as the season went on, solid defender too. In the playoffs he really improved his game, he's going to be special.
John Quenneville
He's okay but he's an AHL level guy.
Matthew Highmore
He had some big goals but he's a 4th liner.
David Kampf
I rate his defense and think he's fine for the bottom six.
Drake Caggiula
Solid all around player, doesn't take crap. Probably a third liner.
Brandon Saad
Insane playdriver, shame what he does doesn't show up in the scoresheet. Is one of the most underrated players in the league.
Anton Wedin
He's nothing to note, I'm fine letting him go back to Europe, in fact I think its what he's doing.
Alex Nylander
He's so weird to look at. The flashes are there but at this point I'm very doubtful he will be a second liner. He will probably be an okay player.
Dominik Kubalik
Similar to Saad he's an insane playdriver. He also has a nice shot, and is going to be a mainstay going forward. Dude played like a first liner.
Brandon Hagel
Like him as a spec
Alex DeBrincat
Down year, but I'm confident he will bounce back. I believe he still has 40 goals in him, but we need to do better to get those goals flying from him, didn't help Strome struggled too.
Andrew Shaw
He's a good winger if healthy.
Patrick Kane
He's Patrick Kane. What else needs to be said.
Dylan Sikura
Meh
Brent Seabrook
He's only on the team because of his contract
Dennis Gilbert
For someone whose supposed to be a DFD, he's not very good. AHLer
Connor Murphy
Our best defenseman at this point. Very good on defense, could improve on offense, but Murphy has been impressive.
Olli Maatta
He's slow but he's a solid defenseman. He's not great or really at the level of his contract but he's fine for the team.
Nick Seeler
He is big. That's all
Calvin de Haan
He's a good defenseman if he's healthy.
Slater Koekkoek
Improved a lot this season. Very good at keeping the other team's shot totals down.
Duncan Keith
He's old and he's not great, but he's still a top 4 D and really turned it on in the playoffs.
Lucas Carlsson
Good prospect, not much to say at the NHL.
Adam Boqvist
Impressed by his offense, improved in the playoffs. Very promising
Nicolas Beaudin
I rate him as a prospect though at the NHL level, eh early to judge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad