Rate the centre depth

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I voted good. We need to stay healthy though. There are only a cpl of teams in the great category and we are not one of them.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
behind boston and pitt. Would love it if we got one more play maker.

Boston has Krejci, Seguin, Bergeron, Peverly, Kelly, Marchand and Horton who could all play centre.

Vancouver has Sedin, Roy, Kesler, Lapierre, Higgins, Schroeder, Ebbett. Would love one more player who could be a full time player in the top 9 who can distribute the puck. Could be Kassian, but for now it's not him.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
behind boston and pitt. Would love it if we got one more play maker.

Boston has Krejci, Seguin, Bergeron, Peverly, Kelly, Marchand and Horton who could all play centre.

Vancouver has Sedin, Roy, Kesler, Lapierre, Higgins, Schroeder, Ebbett. Would love one more player who could be a full time player in the top 9 who can distribute the puck. Could be Kassian, but for now it's not him.

Why would you count someone like Horton or Marchand but not Burrows?

Also, only 4 centres can be used in any one game.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON

They qualify at C per Yahoo, Burrows doesn't? lol

More seriously though, I voted good. Great when healthy, but Roy & Kesler both have injury history and that drops the rating a notch.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008

Burrows, before this season, did not play C at any level of professional [ice] hockey.

You could use 12 centres if you wanted, not sure what you mean here.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Good, not great. Roy has potential but we've got to see him and his linemates show chemistry. Kesler is possibly the best 3rd line centre in the league, but is a good 2nd liner only. Sedin is very good but on the downward slope...

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
Maybe this has been covered, but does it strike anyone else as strange that last year we dealt Cody Hodgson for a future in Kassian (and then added Pahlsson) under the pretense that we wanted to run two offensive lines and two shutdown lines, and now we're going to run a 5'9 scoring centre on our third line going into the playoffs because we can't score?

I'm not griping btw, I really think Kassian is going to be important to us moving forward, and I get the argument that if you can get a prospect like that you have to try.

I vote great also.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I voted good so I am now happy that we added Roy. Overall dissapointed with the deadline because I thought we could do more. Torres? Anyways this looks like our lineup next week with Kesler.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen/Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows/Jensen
Raymond-Roy-Hansen (I don't like this line for some reason)
Sestito-Lapierre-Pinizzotto

Tmrw's lineup to me looks like:

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Higgins-Roy-Burrows
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Sestito-Ebbett-Pinnizzotto

I think Lapierre would look better on the third line than Ebbett. Once Kesler comes back Ebbett is sent down to the Wolves then Lapierre on the 4th and Roy on the third unless Roy and Kesler play together. I kind of wish we got someone else at the deadline.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Good, not great, due to Kesler's health concerns, Henrik's decline, and the team's inability to win a faceoff.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Burrows, before this season, did not play C at any level of professional [ice] hockey.

You could use 12 centres if you wanted, not sure what you mean here.

My point is if one team has Corsby-Malkin-scrub-scrub as C depth, and another has 12 natural tweener centres moved to wing, it's obvious which has better centre depth.

In any given game/matchup.

Henrik > Bergeron
Kesler > Krejci
Roy > Peverly
Lapierre/Schroeder > Thornton

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
My point is if one team has Corsby-Malkin-scrub-scrub as C depth, and another has 12 natural tweener centres moved to wing, it's obvious which has better centre depth.

Henrik > Bergeron
Kesler > Krejci
Roy > Peverly

Brandon Sutter isn't a scrub but our Forward depth looks nice unfortunately all our wingers are inconsistent. That might be our downfall "scoring" again.

Anzes Eyes

5th line centre
Jun 2, 2011
Voted Good.

Would have voted great if:

Henrik was younger
Kesler was not injured and still a Selke contender
Roy was signed for more than this season.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I think that our center depth is going to make up for the weaker wingers.....most team center are their best forward like the pens

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

Henrik > Bergeron
Kesler > Krejci
Roy > Peverly

Uhh... Boston has 6 centers...

Seguin, Bergeron, Krejci, Peverly, Kelly, Campbell... (5 of those guys over 55% faceoffs...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->