Player Discussion Rate our off-season

How would you rate our off-season so far?

• Total voters

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

It'll be really strong.

1. Sutter System
  2. Lindholm, Backlund, Coleman, Pitlick and Lewis are all above average to elite PKers
  3. Tanev, Zadorov are both high end PK defenders.
  4. Valimaki was good on the PK last season. I think Hanifin will join the PK with Sutter as Sutters #1 guy.
  5. Markstrom should return to form giving Calgary an elite goalie.

The recipe is there to be an above average defensive team. Would it truly shock anyone if Calgary ended up with 200-220 GA all next season? I think that's the style they'll play. My only concern, and it's a reasonable one, is they might only score 210-230 goals next year.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I vote N. N for Neutral, where we have been stuck for much of this teams history.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It'll be really strong.

1. Sutter System
  2. Lindholm, Backlund, Coleman, Pitlick and Lewis are all above average to elite PKers
  3. Tanev, Zadorov are both high end PK defenders.
  4. Valimaki was good on the PK last season. I think Hanifin will join the PK with Sutter as Sutters #1 guy.
  5. Markstrom should return to form giving Calgary an elite goalie.

The recipe is there to be an above average defensive team. Would it truly shock anyone if Calgary ended up with 200-220 GA all next season? I think that's the style they'll play. My only concern, and it's a reasonable one, is they might only score 210-230 goals next year.

So... statistically, we could wreck the opposition and have a higher chance to kill off the penalties until the opposition cries uncle Bettman?

Whoa. We could do a friendship tour on steroids...

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
James Neal...

Wait a second

giphy.gif

Neal was never a super star.

The answer is supposed to be Jagr. :naughty:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Shocks me that people still look at numbers and not what the player can do.
Wouldn't it be nice to have Johnny be able to turn to another player on the line to move the puck up the ice? Wouldn't it be impressive if he had another player to setup a play? Wouldn't it be impressive if had another player to create offence? How about a player fast enough to create a 2-1 with John?
Monahan does all that and more. And is better, surprisingly, on defence. Look all I am saying is that Eichel isn't a panacea to out problems and acquiring him at the reported asking cost will set us back years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad