Rate my team

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Just a 12-team Yahoo fantasy league with some friends. Lucked out and got the 2nd overall pick to nab Malkin.

C - Malkin

C - Duschene

LW - Hall

LW - Moulson

RW - J. Williams

RW - Michalek

D - Doughty

D - Burns

D - Carle (TB)

D - Hamhuis

D - J. Schultz (EDM)

G - Schneider

G - Fleury

Utility - Thornton

Bench - Bouwmeester

Bench - Hemsky

Bench - Kesler

Bench - Grabner

Took Kesler not knowing he was injured. No wonder he made it so far, but it's not the end of the world as he's just on my bench for now until he does come back.

I'm not the happiest with the wingers I got. Just looking for some input on possible moves or trades I could make. Was thinking of moving either Thornton or Duschene for a winger.

Also, can someone explain what the utility player is?

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I had an odd meeting with this "utility" player as well last night. Irritates me becouse one can assign an extra Forward position instead on ESPN, but had to take him becouse i could not permit an extra defenceman if i did'nt.

Duchene will be interesting, considering last season you might want to hang onto Thornton instead. Hall is the bomb.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I like your team. As for trading thornton or dusch.. I would wait a few weeks into the season and re-evaluate your team at that point.

The only thing that concerns me is that you only have two goalies. One starter and one possible starter dependent on what happens with Lou. I would maybe pick up a third goalie or create a package trade that gets you the winger you want and a goalie for Joe and Dusch....but I would wait on the Lou situation in Vancouver to pan out first.

I dont know if this is a general thread..but this is my drafted team. Was the 5th pick in a 10 team yahoo league with min. 3 goalie games a week. Team Head to head format.

Forget which slots C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F the forwards fall in but.

F-Giroux
F-Gaborik
F-Eberle
F-Getzlaf
F -Skinner
F -Hall
F -Semin
F - Stastny
Bench - JVR

D-Alexander Edler
D-Ryan Suter
D-Keven Shattenkirk
D-Drew Doughty
Bench - J. Shultz
Bench - Oliver Ekman Larson

G-Quick
G-Ward
Bench - Dubi

Think I acquired an ok well rounded team. I am interested to see if the Edm players can carry over their chemistry from the AHL

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Thanks for the input. There are some decent goalies still available in the free agency. Crawford and Neimi haven't been taken. Maybe I'll swap out Kesler for one of them.

I like your team too Ziggy. I really wanted Eberle too, he was going to be my second pick but somebody took him in the first round.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Trade for a winger. Maybe you can trade Kesler with someone who hasn't noticed his injury.

At center you have 4 different good centers so you are pretty good there, just way too strong considering your wingers.

kamil27

Jan 10, 2013
Team is really balanced. nice job on the draft. trade for a winger like above said

mae

Jan 10, 2013
Just to echo what's already been said, look for a winger. I don't think Michalek will be able to match last season's output.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad