Post-Game Talk: Rate how Holland did today

Rate how Holland did today

• 0 - A Kenbellini TDL. Nothing significant

• 1 - Could have done waaaay better

• 2 - Decent players but price too high

• 3 - Meh - Not bad, not great.

• 4 - A very good day for the Oilers

• 5 - Holland killed it today. Suck it Flames.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
tenor.gif

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Afraid of feeling homerish here, but considering the moves he made, the cost, and our needs, he killed it.

Because Oilers, who knows what happens next.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I like the Ennis deal and Green deal as depth moves that don't cost too much.

Think we paid a lot for Athanasiou. View him as more of a 2nd/3rd line tweener rather than a legit top 6 guy. Not sold on him working with McDavid. But could be a good fit with Sheahan and Archibald.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I say a 3.5. Baseline, all 3 players this season have been ok, not great. But thats ok, its good depth.

There is a potential for a 4 or 5 if AA rebounds

Overall, a very good day IMO. We made the moves to improve depth, and didnt pay an arm and leg.

Save the bigger moves for offseason

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I think Holland should have picked up Ennis for a 5th and called it a day.

AA high risk, high reward.

Green too expensive for what imo is a non roster player.

I was looking forward to the decimated Bakersfield Condors getting some young talent drafted this summer to restock the cupboards over the next couple years.

A first and then a 5th, 6th, 7th this year is poor.

Next year a first and then hopefully a 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th...

Holland is far more win now both to start the year and now than I ever could have imagined.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Really happy can't complain.

Did not give up any of our defensive prospects and our team is that much better to compete.

Sure the two seconds can turn out to be good players but I would take AA today

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I like the Ennis deal and Green deal as depth moves that don't cost too much.

Think we paid a lot for Athanasiou. View him as more of a 2nd/3rd line tweener rather than a legit top 6 guy. Not sold on him working with McDavid. But could be a good fit with Sheahan and Archibald.
AA has 51 pts 23 goals last 82 games definate top 6 player

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
4/5. Only reason it's not 5/5 is because Khaira is still on the team, and we didn't get a 3C.

Hopefully tippett learns to trust Haas though, I'd be perfectly happy with him being our 3C playing on a line with Ennis and Nygard.

TameYew

Oct 24, 2016
I watched clips of Athanasiou, man he scores a lot on the rush and with guys draped on him. I like the lineups that I've already seen posted from others but what about reuniting Drai and McD with Kass and putting AA with Nuge and Yam? Seems like we have some depth now.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
@Aerchon

Come on dude, the man basically went out and built an entirely new first line today and kept his first round pick.

Holland has been making me eat a murder full of crow this year. I seriously don't like so many of his moves but they keep turning out.

The biggest hole is missing Klefbom and we didn't address that.

However.

You are right. He has addressed the scoring depth issues in spades.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think we're going to see three motivated players come to the organization who have come from teams with not much success. AA has played a total of 5 playoff games in his career, you can bet his motivation and desire to play in an empty building was wearing thin on him. Once Tippet works with him, you're going to see buy in from him too. I just hope he & McDavid gel and develop instant chemistry. Now that McDavid has a guy who can keep up with him, we could be in for a real treat.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
I think Holland should have picked up Ennis for a 5th and called it a day.

AA high risk, high reward.

Green too expensive for what imo is a non roster player.

I was looking forward to the decimated Bakersfield Condors getting some young talent drafted this summer to restock the cupboards over the next couple years.

A first and then a 5th, 6th, 7th this year is poor.

Next year a first and then hopefully a 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th...

Holland is far more win now both to start the year and now than I ever could have imagined.
Holland did what had to be done, find some wingers for McD, whether they gel or not remains to be seen but I’m very happy Holland is trying to make McD happy, most definitely worth the risk, tired of waiting.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I am not sure if the players will click...as that is kind of rare......but I think adding a contracted winger was the right move.....and depth moves are fine considering injuries in a playoff run.

They probably would have snookered themselves trying to add a big cap FA.

Hopefully Athanasiou meshes just enough to not price himself off the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Holland has been making me eat a murder full of crow this year. I seriously don't like so many of his moves but they keep turning out.

The biggest hole is missing Klefbom and we didn't address that.

However.

You are right. He has addressed the scoring depth issues in spades.
I think Benning will play 3LD until Russell is back.

Nurse-Bear
Jones-Larsson
Benning-Green
Russell/Klefa

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
4 or 4.5. I think all the players will provide depth. We really didn't go big game hunting. Moving Gagner in the deal helps since we just have too many bottom 6 players who on average provide more on him. Plus AA is a rfa and not really a rental. Ennis is having a sneaky good season and Green will help.

Surprised we didn't move a couple players out.

Also surprised Lagesson isn't going down for the day.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Gotta go with a four-ish. Suddenly the top nine looks really quite respectable, Green is great depth heading into the playoffs, all for a handful of magic beans.
Grabbing Grant would have been perfect, but hey.
It’s a much better team than it was at this point yesterday.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad