Rate Dubas' Deadline

Rate the deadline

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
D

He didn't do something stupid like panic trade Liljegren

But it also scares me that he might have some guaranteed job security behind the scenes.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm not sure what I'm grading.

Selling would be completely stupid, and buying is hard to justify as well.

He didn't do anything stupid. What grade is that?
That's kind of where I'm at.
Between a C and D for me.

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
C

Addressed two weaknesses by acquiring Campbell and Clifford.

Couldn't check off the top 4 RHD, but I'm also glad they didn't sell the farm for a mediocre fit in a panic move.

Rosen for Hutch is meh, but a decent move.

Would've liked to move Barrie for pieces that could've got that RHD in the summer, but obviously no team stepped up. He is worth more down the stretch than a 2nd rounder

Edit: Malgin for Marchment is a win, but Malgin isn't exactly what the team was lacking

Reactions: jiggy35 and kb

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Personally, I don't understand the poor ratings.

He didn't acquire UFAs at a nuts price. He didn't trade any more picks. He resigned Muzzin to a reasonable deal. He won the Malgin for Marchment and Hutchinson for Rosen. He acquired a solid backup and team toughness with Campbell + Clifford, without trading all that much.

Yea obviously I don't agree with the Timashov waiving. But overall he's done an adequate job and you guys could not do better.

Obviously the Marner deal was an overpayment. But the amount of slack Dubas gets around here makes me really wonder how long you've been a fan. He has been far better than Burke/Ferguson Jr...

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
C

His hands were tied.

Kadri should have been parlayed into a long term RD solution.

Players screwed this year up with embarrassing efforts.

Reactions: francis246

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'll agree with the consensus. C...a great big meh.

Would have liked to move Barrie, even if wasn't the return we were all expecting. At the same time, I trust him that he made the right call.

Reactions: uncleben

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Standing pat because he doesn’t have the guts to pull the plug on this season. By doing nothing and obtaining no futures he bleeds out more assets. Basically death by inaction.

Showing zero organizational leadership. Feigning patience but also admits he has no idea what’s going to happen.

The growth angle may be true but it’s cringeworthy. Sounds like he’s been hanging out with Ross Atkins.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I’m a bit shocked he did nothing this season to fix the Defense. Our D is so weak through inexperience (sandin, Dermott) poor quality (Holl, Marincin), or absolutely poor fit (Barrie).
Turning Barrie into something even slightly better defensively would have been a huge boost.
Not even going to consider Rosen as being applicable here.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Personally, I don't understand the poor ratings.

He didn't acquire UFAs at a nuts price. He didn't trade any more picks. He resigned Muzzin to a reasonable deal. He won the Malgin for Marchment and Hutchinson for Rosen. He acquired a solid backup and team toughness with Campbell + Clifford, without trading all that much.

Yea obviously I don't agree with the Timashov waiving. But overall he's done an adequate job and you guys could not do better.
I don't need to do better. He needs to do better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad