Rassk vs Montoya

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Montoya will most likely see time in the NHL sooner.
Who'll have the better career, I don't know. Haven't seen Montoya at all.
I know Rask is a solid, Lehtonen-ish-talented goalie though.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Rask will likely come over to the AHL next season and need a year or two of seasoning before making it to the bigs. Montoya will already have 2 years experience in the A at that point and should be ready for the NHL next season.
In terms of the better career, it's a toss up at this point. I think most people would say Rask has a higher upside but until he comes over to North America and shows he can play here, it's hard to pick him over Montoya.

crazedcanuck

Jun 23, 2005
With the research I've done between the two of them, the thing that concerns me is that both are currently blocked @ the NHL level.

Montoya would have to blow the rags away to take over from Lundqvist, meanwhile Raask has Hannu infront of him.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
montoya sooner, rask has got to be better tho... montoya in the 2 handful of times i saw him at UofM was not good at all, but average

Montoya's MO has always been inconsitancy. The fact that he was average in the two times you saw him in college (2 years ago now) does not meen that what you saw was his best. Al tends to blow hot and cold, and when he's cold he looks quite ordinary but he's also capable of getting hot and looking quite promising. He's been on a hot streak (with the exception of his most recent game) in the AHL over the last 2 weeks.

Hopefully Al finds consitancy one of these days, he'll have to if he wants to be a starting NHL goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->