Rasmussen placed on LTIR... Sent to GR for conditioning

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
So Ras isn't allowed to play in the AHL but he can be assigned there for conditioning?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Do they need to be consecutive games or three games within X number of days? I seem to remember something about 14 total days.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Do they need to be consecutive games or three games within X number of days? I seem to remember something about 14 total days.

NHL Conditioning Assignment Rules

13.8 Conditioning Loan. Unless a Player consents, he shall not be Loaned on a Conditioning Loan to a minor league club. Such Conditioning Loan shall not extend for more than fourteen (14) consecutive days. The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is Loaned on a Conditioning Loan. If the Commissioner has reason to believe or determines that the Club has used the Conditioning Loan to evade the Re-Entry Waivers, or otherwise Circumvent any provision of this Agreement, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club, as he deems appropriate. The Player shall continue, during the period of such Conditioning Loan, to receive the same Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, and be entitled to the same benefits, that he would have received had he continued to play with the Club.​

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
2 goals for the big guy in his first AHL game. Not too bad of a start.

upload_2019-1-31_23-10-9.png

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Daniels just mentioned that technically Ras could be returned to Tri City prior to the TDL to make him eligible to play for the Griffs in the playoffs.

At this point I’m fine with it. It beats being stuck with our bottom six as currently constructed for the remainder of a lost season.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Daniels just mentioned that technically Ras could be returned to Tri City prior to the TDL to make him eligible to play for the Griffs in the playoffs.

At this point I’m fine with it. It beats being stuck with our bottom six as currently constructed for the remainder of a lost season.

Wings season ends the 6th, Griffins regular season goes til the 13th. He can still finish off the NHL season and go down there. I like it. He can be reminded what it feels like to play in a top 6.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Wings season ends the 6th, Griffins regular season goes til the 13th. He can still finish off the NHL season and go down there. I like it. He can be reminded what it feels like to play in a top 6.
He will need to be assigned to his junior club, but what's unclear is if they require him to play a game, or if it can be a paper transaction where they send him down then immediately recall him.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Given his usage lately he probably should have never started the season on the team. It's been a complete waste of an entry-level year.

He will need to be assigned to his junior club, but what's unclear is if they require him to play a game, or if it can be a paper transaction where they send him down then immediately recall him.

Once he's re-assigned I don't think he can be moved to Grand Rapids until Tri-City's season is over.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Given his usage lately he probably should have never started the season on the team. It's been a complete waste of an entry-level year.

Fans would cry because they don't get to watch shiny new toys. That said, his development would have been much better in the AHL but I don't think they could send him there. It was NHL or Tri City.

I'm glad Ken Holland sent Cholo down to the AHL. He could be a good one and needs more development.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Once he's re-assigned I don't think he can be moved to Grand Rapids until Tri-City's season is over.

No my haziness in this question is around the fact it sounded like he could be recalled to the NHL. That this would be a paper move to get him on their roster to obtain eligibility then an immediate recall.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No my haziness in this question is around the fact it sounded like he could be recalled to the NHL. That this would be a paper move to get him on their roster to obtain eligibility then an immediate recall.

I think you can do that for NHL -> AHL -> NHL -> AHL because they did something similar for Bertuzzi last season.

But I don't think you can do NHL -> WHL -> NHL -> AHL. Once a player is assigned to junior, that's it.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think you can do that for NHL -> AHL -> NHL -> AHL because they did something similar for Bertuzzi last season.

But I don't think you can do NHL -> WHL -> NHL -> AHL. Once a player is assigned to junior, that's it.

I am just not sure how this works. The way that Mickey explained it it sounded like he could be sent down before the TDL, brought back up and then play in GR after the WHL season ended.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Ras has to be assigned to Tri-City if he does not stay with the Wings (if the Wings decide to even make this happen) at any time of the season. I believe Ras can go back and forth between the Wings and Tri-City if needed. When the Wings season is done, the Wings (if they want to) can assign Ras to Tri-City for their playoff run and he stays there until the Americans season is over. If the Griffins are still in playoffs after the Americans are done, then Ras can be sent to GR on an ATO contract and be on the Griffins playoff roster. That is how I understand this.

Reactions: Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Ras has to be assigned to Tri-City if he does not stay with the Wings (if the Wings decide to even make this happen) at any time of the season. I believe Ras can go back and forth between the Wings and Tri-City if needed. When the Wings season is done, the Wings (if they want to) can assign Ras to Tri-City for their playoff run and he stays there until the Americans season is over. If the Griffins are still in playoffs after the Americans are done, then Ras can be sent to GR on an ATO contract and be on the Griffins playoff roster. That is how I understand this.
I think this is all right except for the he can switch between Tri-City and the Wings. Once he's assigned to juniors he's there until Tri-City's playoff run is done. Just like Comtois. Then he can he can join GR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad