Rasmus Dahlin

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Phenomenal instincts. I’m gonna say multiple Norris’s. Contending as early as 2019/2020.

Floor - Bourque

(and if there is one,)
Ceiling - Orr
wa3fvN9.gif

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I see we're still doing the "Bu-bu-bu-bu Heiskanen" every time Dahlin is mentioned on here. If he was really better, you would've stopped doing it 2 months ago.

Was Ekblad going up against Pettersson and the year he's having?
Ekblad wasn't even the best rookie defenseman in his year. He won because of his age.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
he also plays tougher minutes, so it's tough to compare straight up. I think he's the better 5v5 player though
It's not like Heiskanen is getting destroyed. His QoC is 60th among defensemen. I also wouldn't exactly call Dahlin sheltered.

Heiskanen faces marginally harder competition and is demonstratively inferior at driving play.

It's amazing that Heiskanen is playing very solid hockey at 19 but Dahlin is dominating at 18.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's not like Heiskanen is getting destroyed. His QoC is 60th among defensemen. I also wouldn't exactly call Dahlin sheltered.

Heiskanen faces marginally harder competition and is demonstratively inferior at driving play.

It's amazing that Heiskanen is playing very solid hockey at 19 but Dahlin is dominating at 18.
I think there is still a difference between legit first line competition (57th in QoC) and 2nd line competition like Dahlin (148th in QoC) is facing. Dahlin is objectively better for his age, but it's probably fair to call it a toss up right now. Expecting Heiskanen to drive play as much as Dahlin does wouldn't be reasonable, and he does produce more

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
If you know anything about hockey beyond goals and assists and trophies you can see he’s lived up to expectations. Dahlin is a freak, who is obviously only scratching the surface of his potential.
I was told Dahlin was the perfect mix of Lidstrom and Forsberg. That's generational. Thats 80+ points a year potential with perfect defence. Dahlin is not that so he hasn't delivered, but that's not to say hes not a great Dman that will be one of the best for years to come.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

How is he dominating?

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Next year we can look how Dahlin is looking and compare to this year finish flash. Sure both are rookies but he is one year older. it will in the end look like risto being compared to EK like he did after his first Season. Where is risto now? ha ha ha. Go to sleep, at the end of the day heisk would be honored to open the door for dahlin.

The worst arguments I have ever heard :D

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He was advertised as a generational player and so far he hasn’t lived up to the hype

Ekblad won the Calder. Dahlia won’t even win that.

He will probably be 2nd and could even win it if EP40 misses too much time.

That being said his rookie season so far is quite a bit better than Ekblad's rookie season was.

Ekblad was playing sheltered minutes with Brian Campbell as his partner, Dahlin is playing very well right now.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Next year we can look how Dahlin is looking and compare to this year finish flash. Sure both are rookies but he is one year older. it will in the end look like risto being compared to EK like he did after his first Season. Where is risto now? ha ha ha. Go to sleep, at the end of the day heisk would be honored to open the door for dahlin.
You're thinking of Myers.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Exactly. Floor Bourque??? LOL

IMO, Dahlin's floor is OEL and ceiling is Lidstrom. And that's a pretty wide gap, so if he ends up in between, he could be similar to Hedman or Doughty, which would make him one of the best - or perhaps the best - defenseman of his era. He likely won't touch Lidstrom, mainly due to the team Lidstrom was surrounded by. And nobody will come close to Orr. Bourque - highly unlikely, just like Lidstrom.

Lidstrom and Bourque are the two best defensemen over the last 40 years. I think it's unfair to compare Dahlin (at 18) to either of them.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
It’s not like Heiskanen > Dahlin is a given. They have literally been neck and neck with the lead fluctuating between them all season. But I guess Finns on HFBoards gotta Finn on HfBoards.

Reactions: kundahlini

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
It’s not like Heiskanen > Dahlin is a given. They have literally been neck and neck with the lead fluctuating between them all season. But I guess Finns on HFBoards gotta Finn on HfBoards.

Personally, I like the Sabres a lot better than the Stars, and Dahlin is one of my favorite young players in the league. That said, there's been some games this season where Heiskanen was clearly better than Dahlin, if we're just being honest. That said, the true judge will be next year and beyond, as Heiskanen has a year of development on Dahlin.

Dahlin has 24 points compared to Heiskanen's 20, but Miro has more goals and has looked a tad more dynamic at times.

I'd still build my team around Dahlin, without question, because I think his ceiling is a bit higher... but both are studs and will be all-stars for years to come.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Personally, I like the Sabres a lot better than the Stars, and Dahlin is one of my favorite young players in the league. That said, there's been some games this season where Heiskanen was clearly better than Dahlin, if we're just being honest. That said, the true judge will be next year and beyond, as Heiskanen has a year of development on Dahlin.

Dahlin has 24 points compared to Heiskanen's 20, but Miro has more goals and has looked a tad more dynamic at times.

I'd still build my team around Dahlin, without question, because I think his ceiling is a bit higher... but both are studs and will be all-stars for years to come.

This is a very fair and accurate view here on the 2 players. Wish we could just end the debate with this

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad