Rasmus Dahlin

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Heiskanen is better though

Next year we can look how Dahlin is looking and compare to this year finish flash. Sure both are rookies but he is one year older. it will in the end look like risto being compared to EK like he did after his first Season. Where is risto now? ha ha ha. Go to sleep, at the end of the day heisk would be honored to open the door for dahlin.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If you know anything about hockey beyond goals and assists and trophies you can see he’s lived up to expectations. Dahlin is a freak, who is obviously only scratching the surface of his potential.
If you know anything about life you will know different people have different expectations.

Do we need to list all the All-Star defensemen we were told he was better than before ever playing a game?

Awesome player who could not possibly live up to the hype that this stupid "generational" tag placed on him. A tag no one has lived up to since Crosby.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Pilut is the guy who’s going to fly under the radar, he’s going to be our Ekholm, I’m not saying he’s going to be as good but in the sense by he’s over shadowed by a couple guys (dahlin ristolainen) and while pilut is exceptional this is about dahlin.

It’s pretty funny I made a thread in the main boards In September titled something To the extent of “project your teams top ten scorers and add what you think they’d get.”

I’ve been off on a few but eichel and Reinhart are doing better then I projected, mittlestadt worse but the funny thing is dahlin is identical to what i predicted.

Pretty sure I put dahlin 8 goals 33 assists 41 pts, and it’s funny how he’s on pace for pretty much exactly that. I even predicted something like plus 6 and he’s what plus 3? It’s funny.

He makes tons of mistakes but my god he’s ahead of the curve and sometimes looks like a video game player. He will learn and when he does he will be frightening. All the great d men make mistakes anyway....so yes he may enter that category but only time will tell.

He certainly has all the tools but how many dman were better then kidstrom? Maybe a couple?
If he continues to develop like he's done so far, "Kidstrom" could actually become a dope nickname for Dahlin. You heard it here first, folks! :nod:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
If you know anything about life you will know different people have different expectations.

Do we need to list all the All-Star defensemen we were told he was better than before ever playing a game?

Awesome player who could not possibly live up to the hype that this stupid "generational" tag placed on him. A tag no one has lived up to since Crosby.

I’d like to see a list from a credible poster that shows Dahlin as walking into the league as a Norris Candidate. Most reasonable people expected growing pains and that we would be a solid, if unspectacular, contributor. He’s been better than that. It’s damn near impossible to be more than that as a teenager on the blueline.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
He's a pretty special player, it's easy to see. He play as an 18 year old d-man in this league is something that is rare. he will get calder consideration and rightly so.

I've watched 9 games of the sabres this year living in the west, in 3 of them he was quite something and it was hard to believe he was 18, in 3 of them he was really bad defensively and hurt his team quite a bit and it was clear he still had a lot to learn on the defensive side of things which no doubt he will clear up in the coming years, in the other 3 he was average, not overly good or bad just average.

2nd best rookie along with Brady from what I've watched this year, Petterson has been the most impressive to me from all the games I have seen, his play has been a level above. As long as injuries don't derail him it is easy to see he is going to be in the contention for Art Ross Trophies for the next decade.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Hard to list zero people....only thing people said was that he was better at a young age than them.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I am truly amazed.

We are 3 pages into a Dahlin thread and there has only been one mention of Heiskanen (well, 2 now... lol).

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm really looking forward to next season. Think he can hit 70 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad