Rasmus dahlin vs Miro heiskanen this season.

Better player this season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
I wondering what you guys think about this. Last season it was quiet the debate about who's better. Now one year later and more experienced, how's it going to turn out?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
There's very few young NHL defencemen I'd rather have than Heiskanen.

Unfortunately for his outlook in this poll - Dahlin is one of them.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Are we talking only about individual play or are we factoring in teammates and pairings? I mean if I wanted to be fancy I could logic my way into convincing myself Miro will outperform Buffalo.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It depends on what you value.
If you, like most people, only care about how many points they score.
You'll take Dahlin 100 out of 100

He's going to be spoon fed top PP time with the top power-play unit. He doesn't have an Elite Offensive defenseman ahead of him in Buffalo like Heiskanen does in Klingberg, and yes Dahlin would be behind Klingberg in Dallas too.
He may Kill the occasional Penalty but will be sheltered from it as much as possible (for obvious reasons). And probably have favorable Zone starts in general (again for obvious reasons) much like their Rookie seasons

Heiskanen on the other hand will be sandwiched on the 2nd unit ( we run 4f 1d always on unit #1) that consists of Dowling, Faksa, Lindell and the only person with an ounce of offensive talent besides Miro, Radulov, that our coach endearingly thinks is a second #1 unit equivalent of the real #1 unit ( Seguin, Pavelski, Benn, Hintz and Klingberg .)
He will be a regular fixture on the PK, and probably end up with more even strength time than Dahlin as well but not as favorable zone starts.
If Klingberg gets injured long term, their offensive numbers will likely end up pretty close as Miro would take over Klingbergs role.
But I would still expect Dahlin to be a head in that category, just for the simple fact that he's better than Miro at that side of the ice.

I would expect it breaks down this way overall
Total Points - Dahlin
Even Points - Miro
PK Time - Miro
PP time - Dahlin
Offensive Zone starts - Dahlin
Dzone Starts - Miro
+/- Dahlin

Again pretty much exactly like last year.
They aren't utilized the same way, and while a lot of their skills do overlap they have different strengths and weaknesses.

Reactions: biturbo19

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
What part of the game is Miro better than dahlin in? Vision, passing, shooting, skating, play making? To me picking Miro over dahlin is like picking bergeron over mcdavid if you do consider miros defensive game to be better which I personally think it won't be. Dahlin is just more talented in my opinion.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Rasmus Dahlin
0314BFA4-5F5F-405E-A2FC-177B63893CF8.gif

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
lets compare their 18 year old seasons, ohh wait you can't cause dahlin was in the NHL and was the highest scoring 18 year old dman ever (if you don't count phil housely who played both forward and defence his rookie year) and Hesk was in Finland :thumbd: :sarcasm::popcorn::DD:cool:

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Dahlin will have a better season and end up higher in post-season award voting. He has displaced Risto on the top PP now, Heiskanen wont move up to PP1 unless an injury falls on Klingberg, which will lead to more points for Dahlin.

I expect Dahlin to get better relative possession metrics until the rest of the Buffalo defence proves they can drive play as well.

TOI is a toss up. Heiskanen got more last year because of a freakishly long injury list in Dallas. If both teams have about equal injury luck, I can see them being pretty even here.

Seems like Dahlin is getting limited minutes on PK from his coach. IMO, both Heiskanen and Dahlin are two-way monsters like Lidström that should be on the ice in all situations. I think none of the D rookies this year will be anywhere as impressive as they were last year.

BennsGonnaGetYou

Apr 27, 2017
Sweden
What part of the game is Miro better than dahlin in? Vision, passing, shooting, skating, play making? To me picking Miro over dahlin is like picking bergeron over mcdavid if you do consider miros defensive game to be better which I personally think it won't be. Dahlin is just more talented in my opinion.
You're quite an expert!
Btw the general opinion on this matter is worth nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->