Rasmus Dahlin Vs Elias Pettersson going forward?

Which player do you take going forward and why?

• Neutral fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 196 39.2%
  • Buffalo fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 45 9.0%
  • Buffalo fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Neutral fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 150 30.0%
  • Vancouver fan take Elias Pettersson

Votes: 97 19.4%
  • Vancouver fan take Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Like, I get voting for Pettersson here, I really do. It's a perfectly defensible position to take. But saying that Dahlin hasn't been good at all is f***ing ridiculous and reveals a lot about your hockey knowledge. That is all.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Check my posts I’m a diehard Rangers fan lol and Vancouver is one of my least favorite teams in the league
Since I’m a Rangers fan my first experience with dahlin was his first career game which he was invisible in, I’ll pay a closer eye to him tonight but he doesn’t seem to be living up to the hype
Dahlin hasn't been invisible in any game. The only Rasmus that has been invisible(or visible in a not so good way) has been Ristolainen who has been a turnover machine to start the season. Dahlin is probably one of the most sound defenseman in the league at keeping the puck in the Ozone and I would argue he's already elite at passing at 18 years old and he doesn't even have a good partner to play with.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Will be interesting to see how much of Dahlin's game will translate as he matures.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
[mod]

Taking Pettersen is fine, dahlin has beeen lights out for buffalo this year and looks 26 most nights. A physical dman throwing monster hits, confident with the puck, plays in both ends and skates like the wind.

Pettersen should win the calder and has been better but you don’t have to completely lie about dahlin. My god.

You gotta pardon the short-sighted folks on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
EP has looked great but people really need to pump the brakes on him. Insanely short sample size right now, in a redraft he goes #1 but I wouldn't be shocked if the scouts got it right by careers end when it comes to that draft. Dahlin is down right generational.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

I can’t remember a team ever winning a cup without a top center but I can rememebr a team winning cups without elite D. 06 canes pens 17

In fact has there ever been a cup winner without a top center?

But top d matters for sure.

When you’re talking about an elite dman, the lids from type...that would win me over. Dahlin could very well be that, maybe more? Sounds crazy but you just never know.

Last edited:

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
For Wild I think Pettersson would be a better choice. I mean our D is one of the best already so we need fire power and game changing forward.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
EP has looked great but people really need to pump the brakes on him. Insanely short sample size right now, in a redraft he goes #1 but I wouldn't be shocked if the scouts got it right by careers end when it comes to that draft. Dahlin is down right generational.

We need to pump the breaks on EP , but Dahlin is down right generational...without actually proving it yet in the NHL.

Lmao

Kuz

May 11, 2015
I can’t remember a team ever winning a cup without a top center but I can rememebr a team winning cups without elite D. 06 canes pens 17

07 Ducks. Getzlaf wasnt elite yet. He was in his second season with 58 points and there was 33 other centers with more points and some who were injured during the season who also were better like Forsberg.

Rowlet

Oct 13, 2018
07 Ducks. Getzlaf wasnt elite yet. He was in his second season with 58 points and there was 33 other centers with more points and some who were injured during the season who also were better like Forsberg.

Ducks are an exception, they had 2 of the (arguably) top 10 D of all time. Between 1995 and 2010, 12/15 finals had at least one of Neidermayer, Pronger or Lidstrom in it and the Ducks had two of those players.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Ducks are an exception, they had 2 of the (arguably) top 10 D of all time. Between 1995 and 2010, 12/15 finals had at least one of Neidermayer, Pronger or Lidstrom in it and the Ducks had two of those players.
That and he's overlooking Andy McDonald who was their actual top center who put up a point per game.

Last edited:
Reactions: SillyRabbit

Kuz

May 11, 2015
That and he's overlooking Andy McDonald who was their actually top center who put up a point per game.

Close to PPG, but remember this was right after the lockout when the scoring was really high because of a lot of powerplays. In 06/07 he had 33 of his 78 points on the PP 38 of 85 the year before and got a little bit carried by Selanne who was still amazing. When Selanne got injured the next year his production fell by a lot and he was traded. I would say McDonald was a guy you could use as a low end 1C if you have another player who was close to a 1C wich was the case for Getzlaf. So Anaheim had two players who at best was low end 1C or high end 2nd C. I would say none of them was true elite 1C, but both was very good and Getzlaf became elite for several years after that and still is.

Still that team had so much talent. They had Selanne the best finnish NHL player of all time, Pronger and Niedermayer who as mentioned was probably two of the top 3 defencemen at the time. Then you had two solid center who where very good in total for a top 6. You also had some quite good scoring depth with a young Perry, Kunitz and Penner. Then you also had a really good and hot goalie.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Dahlin's rookie season thus far isn't even at the level of Ekblad's... And Ekblad is far from generational.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I am biased towards both players. Pettersson based on what swedish hockey needs.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
We need to pump the breaks on EP , but Dahlin is down right generational...without actually proving it yet in the NHL.

Lmao

How many dahlin nhl games you watch in their entirety?

Keep right on laughing though...

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Dahlin's rookie season thus far isn't even at the level of Ekblad's... And Ekblad is far from generational.

You can tell that in four bloody weeks?

His team is still above .500 and they were dead last the year before.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You can tell that in four bloody weeks?

His team is still above .500 and they were dead last the year before.
Surely that has nothing to do with Jeff Skinner having absolutely superhuman stats, basic and advanced.

No, let's give the credit to the guy who has 5 points and is -2.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Surely that has nothing to do with Jeff Skinner having absolutely superhuman stats, basic and advanced.

No, let's give the credit to the guy who has 5 points and is -2.

Points ? After four weeks in the year an 18 year old d man is being judged on points and plus minus? You’re saying -2 like that’s a bad thing on Buffalo? He has averaged more ice time then anyone else his age. He’s broken records amongst players his age and the amount of responsibility he’s been given.

And skinner? super human? Eichel is creating. Ridiculous amount of offense every night and Jeff skinner absolutely was a ghost until he got on his line. Lol he’s turned it on but was absolutely invisible in that time frame. Ask anyone if you think my username has any part in me saying this. Skinner only started producing (and getting good chances really) only when playing with Eichel. Right when housley thought “our best player and playmaker has never had a legit sniper let’s see how that works” and until just three days ago these 3 were the top three in scoring since being paired together in the entire NHL. Like I said Jeff had one goal and one assist in seven games then went with him and it’s been magic for the whole line including Pominville, Eichel has been without a doubt far and away the best player. We all know skill but even his work ethic since taking the C. He’s been a star or first star in abojt a dozen games if not first star. But someone like you based on this post probably thinks goals are everything. His work ethic and defensive play has improved times ten from years previous, so that has helped significantly and now he has someone who can finish burying his chances. Love the advanced stat watching though, did you happen to notice when you were there Jackwas fourth in offensive zone possession, sixth in shots? (Eichel)?

But what really has improved is the defence as the team still struggles for secondary scoring.

What are you even expecting dahlin to do? He’s an 18 year old defensemen. Your actually going to judge him by goals and plus minus? The two stupidest stats there are to judge dman, especially when he’s 18 and joining a team that isn’t exactly a defensive juggernaut.

Your opinion is clearly focused on one you want rather then what actually is.

He’s played like he was 26 ever since he’s joined the team and has thrown out hits, made plays in his own zone, neutral zone and offensive zone every game that are absolutely incredible. The team has gone from one of the worst defensive teams to a respectable one.

Yet it still remains a team that can only
Score based on whoever plays with Jack Eichel.

So let’s ignore the amazing defensive progress and give credit to skinner! That survey sounds like something coming from someone who’s watched Buffalo this year!

Last edited:
Reactions: Howie Hodge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->