Rasmus Dahlin Scores First Goal

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Hows Dahlin looked so far?
Like he's already our best defenseman by a country mile. His instincts, skating, and passing are some of the best I've ever seen. I was skeptical that an 18-year-old defenseman used to the larger ice would be able to adjust quickly ... was I ever wrong. Once he decides to unleash the offense more often, watch out.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
This guy has been a top 3 Sabre in every single game so far. AmaZing for an 18 year old DMAN getting used to this ice and playing as much as 23 minutes on a team not exactly known for their defense (or much of anything right now lol)

He has had hit of the game in three of the four I didn’t see who had it tonight and had looked calm out there now has two points and the team is 3-2 which ya know is as good as it’s been in a half decade for buffalo. Lol if the panthers stay winless who knows, who knows.....but I’m talking about fourth of course and we’re 77 games away from that lol. It’s fair to say he has had IMPACT.

did RJ choke on the call? thats all i need to know

Not sure he does road trips anymore lol but I got the coyotes feed since I have center ice and don’t live anywhere near buffalo.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
good good, glad he is playing well, looking forward to watching him do his thing already.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Like he's already our best defenseman by a country mile. His instincts, skating, and passing are some of the best I've ever seen. I was skeptical that an 18-year-old defenseman used to the larger ice would be able to adjust quickly ... was I ever wrong. Once he decides to unleash the offense more often, watch out.

Country mile, more like close to a mile, ristolainen still did more in the first couple IMO but he damn well should have given who he is and that’s a 18 yr old dmans first ever couple games. Dahlin has shined in the last few I thought he and jack were the only good things in the avalanche loss but that was ugly.

Dahlin just been a big reason I firmly believe both goalies have had good numbers as well so far ....for the most part anyway. He has made the shots against seem easier to handle, clearing rebounds and buffalo may not put up tons of shots but their scoring chances seem that of a higher quality then last year when they get them and I believe he’s helped there too.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He has passed the test and is firmly in the young stars group even just 5 games in. He may only have 2 points in 5 games but he is playing defense at an extremely high level. The kid is a rock.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Took him long enough.

Totally joking. Dahlin is an absolute stud. This is just the first of many in what I'm sure will be an illustrious career. Just hope he struggles in games against the Leafs.

Thought you were totally joking until the last line then realized joking was your way of saying took him long enough (and actually meaning it) but at the same time genuinely knowing he’s a good player and meaning well somewhat.

Lol

Just for reference leafs have played six games.

Buffalo has played 5.

Leafs played one team that made the playoffs last year in those 6.

Buffalo has played 3 of the 5.

Why does this matter? Just for the fact he’s been going up against tougher competition then say Morgan Reilly and ristolainen snd scanddella out there a lot on the first PP or when eichel is doing his thing for the most part as the sabres have struggled to score otherwise so it’s been hard for dahlin to put up points that way. In every game he’s had scoring chances though. He hasn’t looked a thing like he did in that leafs preseason game you guys saw him in where he was less then average. Still an 18 yr old dman like I’ve said had had hit of the game three or four didn’t see it tonight of the five games He played and already had an assist.

On a team that’s 3-2 averaging overs 20 mins (23 in his debut) and had 1 goal and 1 assist, isn’t bad st all. Since we’ve only played five games all he’d need is just three more to be a PPG and for a rookie d man on a team that was dead last in goals that’s a bit solid. He’s had roughly ten scoring chances in these five games I’ve counted alone, he may have even more. Those are going to go in here and there I wouldn’t be surprised if he was popping in 50-60 points as soon as next year or the year after, which will be extra impressive because this team isn’t known for great defense or scoring goal. He’s already looking like a total pro in alnsost every facet of the game.

As much as you were “joking” (saying how you really feel) I am “too..” he’s been a top three Sabre every game.

Most important just wanted you to know he’s looked nothing liien he did in the leafs pre season game. Every game but that one he’s been rock solid he also had goal and assists in pre season too.

So it’s not like this is his first point ever, either....

Last edited:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Thought you were totally joking until the last line then realized joking was your way of saying took him long enough (and actually meaning it) but at the same time genuinely knowing he’s a good player and meaning well somewhat.

Lol

Just for reference leafs have played six games.

Buffalo has played 5.

Leafs played one team that made the playoffs last year in those 6.

Buffalo has played 3 of the 5.

Why does this matter? Just for the fact he’s been going up against tougher competition then say Morgan Reilly and ristolainen snd scanddella out there a lot on the first PP or when eichel is doing his thing for the most part sa the sabres have struggled to score otherwise so it’s been hard for dahlin to put up points that way. In every game he’s had scoring chances though. He hasn’t looked a thing like he did in that leafs preseason game you guys saw him in where he was less then average. Still an 18 yr old dman like I’ve said had had hit of the game three or four didn’t see it tonight of the five games Jean played and already had an assist.

In a team that’s 3-2 averaging overs 20 mins and had 1 goal and 1 assist, isn’t bad st all. Since we’ve only played five game all he’d need is theee more to be a PPG and for a rookie d man on a team that was dead last in goals that’s ridiculous. He’s had over ten scoring chances in these five games I’ve counted roughly alone he may have even more. Those are going to go in here and there I wouldn’t be surprised if he was popping in 60ish points as soon as next year or the year after.

As much as you were “joking” (saying how you really feel) I am “too..” he’s been a top three Sabre every game.

Lol

Most important just wanted you to know he’s looked nothing liien he did in the leafs pre season game. Every other game he’s been solid he also had goal and assists in pre season.

You really need to chill with these posts, making us Sabres fans look bad. The poster was just kidding and if you watch the Leafs, they look incredible. No essays needed.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
You really need to chill with these posts, making us Sabres fans look bad. The poster was just kidding and if you watch the Leafs, they look incredible. No essays needed.

You seemed to of got my post all wrong man, it was to educate not ridicule. I wrote JK in the same (I’ll say what I want and then put JK after) sense and was laughing while writing to show I was as serious as he was, then further explained the level of play he has had Played wAs better then the only game he likely saw him in where he wasn’t good at all.

I posted that to show him and others how he has been more so then to get mad at him, again which I didn’t at all. You make it sound like I was going off and making childish insults. You didn’t know my intent but I’ll take your advice, thanks for meaning well I hope.

Last edited:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
You seemed to of got my post all wrong man, it was to educate not ridicule. I wrote JK in the same (I’ll say what I want and then put JK after) sense and was laughing while writing to show I was as serious as he was, then further explained the level of play he has had. Had you read my whole Three paragraph essay response you’d realize I only discussed this because I wanted to point out how he was nothing like he was in probably the only game the poster saw him in when numerous leaf fans were saying they got the better Rasmus at the draft. They were likely joking when saying that too but That post of Mine was relevant to the discussion because like I said had it not been for that he may of thought he’s been that bad for five games and Perhaos just popped in a point. Since ya know, they haven’t seen the games.

So I posted that to show him and others how he has been more so then to get mad at him, again which I didn’t at all. You make it sound like I was going off and making childish insults. You didn’t know my intent. And the only person your making look bad by saying that to someone else publically is yourself.
Honestly, I’d tend to agree with the other poster. Your homerism for everything Buffalo Sabres related is way over the top. Your posts are full blown essays and redundant. And can you at least learn your ‘yours’?

I’ll probably get a warning or something for posting this but I feel like it’s necessary. Please calm your homer rhetoric on the main boards, because it’s been going on for quite a while now, and you’re making the rest of us look silly.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I guess if I said he'd be scoring his first NHL goal in Arizona last season they'd think I'd be saying he would be on the Coyotes this current season.

:sarcasm:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Honestly, I’d tend to agree with the other poster. Your homerism for everything Buffalo Sabres related is way over the top. Your posts are full blown essays and redundant. And can you at least learn your ‘yours’?

I’ll probably get a warning or something for posting this but I feel like it’s necessary. Please calm your homer rhetoric on the main boards, because it’s been going on for quite a while now, and you’re making the rest of us look silly.

Fine.

I probably should anyway it’s not good for my health.

By the way I know the yours I type fast on my phone my laptop doesent work so it spells it wrong via auto text usually and don’t spend the time editing it before posting it. Not all my posts are redundant or essays though. I’ve been here a long time and while i talk this stuff the most I talk about a lot of other things as well.

I just got done talks Matthews eichel again it’s making me go insane So I’m stopping all that crap. Thanks for the wake up call. And to EichHart.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Glad to hear he's playing well, havent had much of a chance to watch him. Always exciting to get more amazing young talent in the league.

Time to take a good look around and appreciate the new golden era of hockey we're witnessing the beginning of.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Fine.

By the way I know the yours I type fast on my phone my laptop doesent work so it spells it wrong via auto text usually and don’t spend the time editing it before posting it. Not all my posts are redundant or essays though. I’ve been here a long time and while i talk this stuff the most I talk about a lot of other things as well.

I just got done talks Matthews eichel again it’s making me go insane So I’m stopping all that crap. Thanks for the wake up call. And to EichHart.

Now this is just sad...

I for one appreciate the passion, even if we've had our disagreements. You've adopted a more balanced view and even keeled delivery lately in my eyes.

It's all harmless and it's just a game at the end of the day. Keep doing your thing jackattack.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
That's a dangerous play for a Young and weak guy like Dahlin. Dahlin was lucky this was against the coyotes. Do that against a team like Boston or Philadelphia and he's going to get hurt bad. You can't drive the net like that when you're under 200 lbs...

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Fine.

Thanks for acknowleding this. You’re a frequent contributor and your passion for the team is fantastic, like someone else had mentioned, but sometimes it’s best to tame it down a bit. I know the feeling because when I get caught up in certain debates that get my blood boiling I realize I need to take a step back.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
That's a dangerous play for a Young and weak guy like Dahlin. Dahlin was lucky this was against the coyotes. Do that against a team like Boston or Philadelphia and he's going to get hurt bad. You can't drive the net like that when you're under 200 lbs...
And yet... he did.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden

Why do you think Dahlin is weak? Any examples to share?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Hows Dahlin looked so far?
Yea, he's going to be a phenom franchise D. 18 yrs old and he doesn't look out of place at all. He's easily Buffalo's best defenseman already. He will continue to fill out his frame and each game he plays garners that most highly valued NHL experience. I can't say whether he'll match the level of the NHL all time greats defensemen, but he will definitely be one over the next 15 years teams will have to plan to contend with, barring injury of course.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Fine.

Thanks for acknowleding this. You’re a frequent contributor and your passion for the team is fantastic, like someone else had mentioned, but sometimes it’s best to tame it down a bit. I know the feeling because when I get caught up in certain debates that get my blood boiling I realize I need to take a step back.
Props for this whole exchange, ya both are solid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad