Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
What sort of quantum mechanics did you use for this equation?

It's a foregone conclusion that Dahlin is going to earn power play time. He's going to be their best offensive defenseman from Day 1.

And maybe it's just me, but 50pts would not be crazy for someone who's being compared to some of the best of all time. Myers, Werenski, and Gostisbehere all pretty much did it and none of them received half as much hype as Dahlin. It just requires the correct deployment. 50pts is an amazing season, but what's the limit for a player who has no precedent in today's game? He's better at this age than any defenseman currently playing in the NHL was. Makes sense then that he could be a better rookie than any of them were as well.

He probably was using NHLe, it breaks down what points scored in different leagues translate to the nhl.

Biggest difference between the guys you listed and Dahlin is the team he is joining. Much better squads.

He will be a beast, but the production might not be crazy to start with.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
You know that argument can never hold up and frankly its disappointing that my previous post got deleted.

Like I said before, Ekblad had 39 points in his rookie season does that put him near the same level as Orr?

Myers had 48 points his rookie season and hasnt come close since.

So what exactly does Orr's rookie season having 41 points tell me?

Its telling you that you're expectations are way too high for a 18 year old who is going to be forced to play much harder minutes than Myers or Ekblad did when they were rookies. Temper those expectations

Reactions: krt88nc

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Nice to see our Franchise Savior (2.0) waverunning across the Atlantic. I guess the Pegulas really have become penny-pinchers.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Its telling you that you're expectations are way too high for a 18 year old who is going to be forced to play much harder minutes than Myers or Ekblad did when they were rookies. Temper those expectations

Why do you assume he will play tough minutes?

Did Risto, Scandella, and Bogo get traded?

As a rookie, Myers led the team in ATOI at 23:44 and led the team in EV TOI and SH TOI. It’s a myth to suggest he played easy minutes.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Why do you assume he will play tough minutes?

Did Risto, Scandella, and Bogo get traded?

As a rookie, Myers led the team in ATOI at 23:44 and led the team in EV TOI and SH TOI. It’s a myth to suggest he played easy minutes.

Dahlin is currently the #3 dman whether Bogo magically plays over 60 games or not

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
One thing I noted is the kid need to bulk up, I know he won't be a hitting machine, but he's a bit too light. Dunno what was Risto weight in his first year with Buffalo?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
One thing I noted is the kid need to bulk up, I know he won't be a hitting machine, but he's a bit too light. Dunno what was Risto weight in his first year with Buffalo?
He actually uses his body really well, some great hits. 0.75 hits per game and 35th among dmen when it comes to total hits while missing 11 games. It’s far from NHL numbers but the game is very different, wouldn’t be effective to throw 2-3 hits per game here.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

1f929.png

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Man who cares, this league nowadays doesn’t matter how big you are. Kid will get there, but really it won’t impact him at all this year on how good he will be. McDavid looked like a 9th grader as a rookie.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I do not want Dahlin to do anything that his body that can adversely affect his skating style. I could care less about "strength" when hes an elite athlete. Hes plenty strong, we dont need anyone to try and change anything about his game. Let him be. He became a superstar prospect by doing what he has, I dont think he needs to listen to anyone.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I do not want Dahlin to do anything that his body that can adversely affect his skating style. I could care less about "strength" when hes an elite athlete. Hes plenty strong, we dont need anyone to try and change anything about his game. Let him be. He became a superstar prospect by doing what he has, I dont think he needs to listen to anyone.

Yes and no.

Yes, he doesn't need to bulk up to the point that he isn't the kind of player that has gotten him to this point.

No in that he does need to learn and I guarantee you that there are things that he will need to improve to be the kind of pro that we expect him to be for the next decade.

The best never rest on their laurels. Just look at all the NBA guys that worked with Tim Grover after they made it so that they could stay on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->