Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Our fans murdering him on Twitter is beautiful!

The analytics evidence and the eye-test commentary, combined with the Orr benchmarks.

That said, it'll be like Mirtle or PuckDaddy where they will forever have a panty-twist when anything Sabre comes up in the future.

Reactions: sabremike

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The analytics evidence and the eye-test commentary, combined with the Orr benchmarks.

That said, it'll be like Mirtle or PuckDaddy where they will forever have a panty-twist when anything Sabre comes up in the future.
You forgot Manny, who shits on the Sabres mercilessly.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
By his 3rd year he will be the best dman in the league. Literally did something no other dman has done in over 35 years. By the time he turns 20 he will be a 75 point 25 min a game dman. Dahlin gets zero f***ing respect, the only player with more trade value is McDavid. I wouldn't trade Dahlin for anyone else 1 for 1.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
In just one day I've now heard.

Matthews > Eichel because Eichel plays more minutes.

Heiskanen> Dahlin because Heiskanen plays more minutes.

Talk about twisting things to fit a narrative. Then there's the "my team made the playoffs=better player." McDavid must be a tier below Matthews too now.

You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to give Heiskanen the nod over Dahlin.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It's an effort to try to be ahead of the curve in case Heiskanen turns out better than Dahlin. If it happens, he's a genius. If it doesn't, nobody remembers the take

Reactions: muhmuhMatt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Remember when we thought Risto was better than Jones because of their minutes? Good times.

And yet, what did we say then? That on a better team, Risto would likely have better results. Jones has had the benefit of playing on better teams every year. There is an impact to that.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Dahlin might've said no to WC.

I know Botts sounded like he wanted Mitts and Dahlin to rest and heal after 82 games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Gronborg is a bad coach. Who wants him?

Some of the Buffalo press have gone from "Sabres have a lot of Swedes" to "Sabres should hire a Swede" and rather than looking a little deeper have settled on the first one they've found. I'm still more interested in someone like Rönnberg from Frölunda for his work as HC there and his time as the U20 coach. I've been around HF long enough to have watched the Grönborg fallout repeatedly.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Some of the Buffalo press have gone from "Sabres have a lot of Swedes" to "Sabres should hire a Swede" and rather than looking a little deeper have settled on the first one they've found. I'm still more interested in someone like Rönnberg from Frölunda for his work as HC there and his time as the U20 coach. I've been around HF long enough to have watched the Grönborg fallout repeatedly.
Yes rönnberg >>> grönborg

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Can't wait for his playoff appearances. Can you imagine him being cool as a cucumber in his own zone, while flashing in the o-zone, no matter what pressure comes at him?
The Sabres need to make the playoffs soon, i can only imagine him thriving in such an environment.
Maybe not as of yet, cause of his strength and speed issues, but once that is taken care of, oh boy

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Cleaaarly Gronborg wants Dahlin to rest for next season since he will be the coach here. Seriously though if he chose not to take Dahlin hes going on my instant no thanks list along with McLellan.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
As I said before, the hockey world outside of Buffalo sees that Dahlin is not as good at this current time as many here think he is

Give him time. He will be an elite defenseman in a couple of years. Let's give him time. As I said next year, 55 points and improved 2 way play should be the goal. He doesn't need to be contending for a Norris for a few more years

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
As I said before, the hockey world outside of Buffalo sees that Dahlin is not as good at this current time as many here think he is

Give him time. He will be an elite defenseman in a couple of years. Let's give him time. As I said next year, 55 points and improved 2 way play should be the goal. He doesn't need to be contending for a Norris for a few more years

Wow! We were all confused. You're the only Sabres fan that could see that Dahlin was garbage this season. If only we listened to the rest of the world...you know the people that probably didn't even watch him play 10 games. :eyeroll:

Reactions: Mortiz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad