Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Dahlin getting 18-24 minutes seems reasonable. I think putting too much emphases on ice time is a mistake because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. He played under 18 minutes and looked awesome. He has played 24 minutes and looked good too.

I would be more concerned with Sobotka's ice time than Dahlin.

Reactions: Crazy Tasty

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Dahlin getting 18-24 minutes seems reasonable. I think putting too much emphases on ice time is a mistake because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. He played under 18 minutes and looked awesome. He has played 24 minutes and looked good too.

I would be more concerned with Sobotka's ice time than Dahlin.

Well... Dahlin's goal differential was +5 compared to the other two pairs. Then it makes no sense that he played NINE minutes less than Ristolainen, more than 5 minutes less than McCabe and 4+ minutes less than Bogosian.

I don't get it. There is no rational explanation, unless he was injured/sick.

Just noticed.

Dahlin is +10, Risto is -14. That's a goal differential of 24 goddamn goals.

Last edited:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Well... Dahlin's goal differential was +5 compared to the other two pairs. Then it makes no sense that he played NINE minutes less than Ristolainen, more than 5 minutes less than McCabe and 4+ minutes less than Bogosian.

Just noticed.

One plays against the other teams top line, the other doesn’t.

Using your logic when this team had Chris Drury and Roy we should have played Roy more often because he was a + player.

Reactions: k8prisoner

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Just noticed.

You should understand that some players play depreciates with added minutes. I am not saying that is Dahlin but there will be an average ice time that suits him best. Knowing the effects of playing more or less minutes is important when developing your opinions on the matter.

It is not hey the player played 15 minutes and we scored 2 goals so if they play 30 minutes we will score 4 goals. Not so simple.

Physical and mental endurance plays a role in the minutes a player can handle and as a fan we must go on faith that the staff can recognize this and maximize the players potential.

On top of that there is also the long term effects that will wear a player down over the season depending on the minutes and usage. Given that Dahlin is a rookie its something that the coaching staff should and needs recognize because there is no precedent set from previous seasons.

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I get the sheltered minutes but not why KO or Ristolainen are on PP1 over him.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I liked how he responded to the physical play last night.

Shell shocked in the first period, particularly with nobody feeling the need to step in.

But by the third period he shifted in to quick touches and moving his feet, instead of his more usual patience game on breakouts.

Rough game that showed off his physical immaturity, but encouraging that he stayed mentally tough.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Celebrating Rasmus Dahlin's brilliant rookie NHL season - Sportsnet.ca

Sabres_Rasmus_Dahlin_Chased_Down_Oliver_Bjorkstrand-1040x572.jpg

Andrew Berkshire

Rasmus Dahlin is rising up the list of points scored by an 18-year-old NHL defenceman of all time and his coach, Phil Housley, may be the only one he doesn’t surpass. But how does he compare to recent under-20 NHL defencemen in their rookie seasons?

And with a tight playoff race in the Western Conference, who are the most likely teams to get in come April?

That, and more, in this week’s column.

Rookie-D.png

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
If Dahlin hits 50 points and Petterson never leaves the 60s range, while both teams missing the playoffs, then the Calder should go to Dahlin imo

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Rough game that showed off his physical immaturity, but encouraging that he stayed mentally tough.
Certainly encouraging, but I still would've much preferred Bogosian knocking Hartman's teeth out rather than letting a fourth liner trying to make a name for himself get his way against our 18-year-old franchise defenseman. Clean hit and all, but Dahlin is too important to this team and a real message should've been sent. That may be asking for too much, though.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
For all the hype Pettersson is getting he’s season really isn’t all that unprecedented, what Dahlin is doing for a true rookie defender is pretty spectacular.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
For all the hype Pettersson is getting he’s season really isn’t all that unprecedented, what Dahlin is doing for a true rookie defender is pretty spectacular.
I've heard EP has had a rookie season rivaled only by Crosby and Ovi.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
all things staying the same....Calder is going to Binnington. IF and thats a Big IF his number remain EP and RD don't have a chance.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Could care less. I simply enjoy watching his expressionless face as he brakes veteran ankles and dishes passes to the only open guy on the ice. He makes watching this team, along with Jack, bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad