Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I can think of at least 62,500 reasons that Dahlin would prefer to finish first rather than second in the Calder voting.

Reactions: Fezzy126

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I might've missed Dahlin's ringing of the post on Matthewson's timeline, but here are the rest of Dahlin's first period highlights:

Reactions: JFG

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
Tonight was the whoa moment for me. #4 like ? Admittedly I have had a little bit of skeptical (despite the age) until now but his performance in Columbus was fantastic. Legendary analytics, 2A, and +4 despite low ice time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStorm and Rasmi

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I get the idea of unleashing the beast, but the kid is 18 and doing great. Why potentially mess with that by burying him in ice time? Don't necessarily agree with a lot of Housley's decisions, but letting Dahlin grow into that is a-ok with me.

Just don't bench him. :laugh:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I’ve seen the arguments that ”Dahlin hasn’t played this many games before” and ”He’s played more games this season already than he’s done in a full season”
74 games last year.
93 games played the year before.

I don’t think we should play him 24 minutes per night and he felt tired after last season (said no to wc) but thought it might be good to remind people of the fact that you play a lot internationally when in the SHL. He didn’t always play huge minutes though and some games were in the U20.

Some traveling as well with up to 773 miles between cities, obviously less than going to the west coast.
He’s been practicing and playing with men for two years already.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I get the idea of unleashing the beast, but the kid is 18 and doing great. Why potentially mess with that by burying him in ice time? Don't necessarily agree with a lot of Housley's decisions, but letting Dahlin grow into that is a-ok with me.

Just don't bench him. :laugh:
Why does everything have to be so extreme all of a sudden? Nobody's asking for him to play Risto minutes...

We're talking more PP time and a couple more 5on5 shifts per game.

Reactions: Rasmi

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Why does everything have to be so extreme all of a sudden? Nobody's asking for him to play Risto minutes...

We're talking more PP time and a couple more 5on5 shifts per game.
Feel like you can ask that question after just about every post on this board. :laugh: Have to laugh that I'm the 'all of a sudden'.

Fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem with upping his ice time a little bit. I also don't think it's a "omg why is anyone getting more minutes than him" kind of concern really at this point.

Reactions: Rasmi

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Feel like you can ask that question after just about every post on this board. :laugh: Have to laugh that I'm the 'all of a sudden'.

Fair enough, I wouldn't have a problem with upping his ice time a little bit. I also don't think it's a "omg why is anyone getting more minutes than him" kind of concern really at this point.
There shouldn't be 3 defensemen getting more icetime than him unless there's a whole lot of penalty killing going on.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
There shouldn't be 3 defensemen getting more icetime than him unless there's a whole lot of penalty killing going on.

I usually stick up for Risto and temper the over-the-top reactions about Dahlin, but last night Dahlin played about as good of a game as you can, him and Bogo were just plain dominant. Last night's 3rd period usage for our defense pissed me off, especially the 3 minute shift to end the game for Risto:

upload_2019-1-30_11-17-51.png

Reactions: debaser66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad