Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I hope it doesn't take long until they put him in the first pairing.
I hope despite the slight obligation towards veteran entitlement that they move either KO and Risto off PP1 rather sooner than later.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Did Dahlin sign with Bauer hockey? I haven’t heard anything about him joining a brand, which is so surprising.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Imagine Dahlin at 6-3 210 pounds. We have a franchise player here boys.

let's not make the same mistake that we did with Myers and try and get an elite puck rushing defenseman to bulk up to the point that they lose their speed

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
let's not make the same mistake that we did with Myers and try and get an elite puck rushing defenseman to bulk up to the point that they lose their speed

210 wouldn’t be bulking up on a 6-3 frame. He’s going to get to that just from maturing I’d imagine.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Could it hamper Rasmus' confidence and development that he is playing good, perhaps being the overall best defenceman in Buffalo, but doesn't have the stats (points & +/-) to go along with this?

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Could it hamper Rasmus' confidence and development that he is playing good, perhaps being the overall best defenceman in Buffalo, but doesn't have the stats (points & +/-) to go along with this?
Doubt it. He's here to win.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Doubt it. He's here to win.

But if he had 7 points and was +7, he would be able to play a lot more relaxed and calm.

No one wants to join the NHL as a presumed future superstar, to end the season with 15 points while being -33.

An exaggeration, to show my point. :)

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
But if he had 7 points and was +7, he would be able to play a lot more relaxed and calm.

No one wants to join the NHL as a presumed future superstar, to end the season with 15 points while being -33.

Not a single player on this team is seemingly more relaxed and calm than Dahlin. The kid has ice water in his veins.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
He's on pace for 27 points on a team just outside the bottom 10 in GF with most of those ranked below having games in hand... and that's without having his true breakout game offensively. I know we're all looking forward to that.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
elu.gif

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Those stats happen more often than not and players go on to be stars.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not in the least because anyone who knows anything about the sport knows he has played very well. I'm sure he (and the coaching staff) knows that.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Is Dahlin heralded for his speed? He doesnt seem very fast. He almost got beat for icings a couple times.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Is Dahlin heralded for his speed? He doesnt seem very fast. He almost got beat for icings a couple times.
Not a burner by any means. Was never his strenghth. Edgework and lateral movement are his calling card. He can and likely will get faster, but not to be confused with Jack. More like Skinner who is also average to slightly above speed wise but has incredible edgework and lateral movement.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
It's going to take Dahlin some time before he turns into that franchisee defenseman. He is only 18 and defenseman take alot longer to develop then forwards do but I expect by midseason he will be living up too his #1 overall status

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
These 3+ day breaks in between games are huge for his development. Being on the team around pros for every little thing will help. It goes more then what happens on the ice. The weight room, film room, coaches room etc is where I expect he is also excelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad