Player Discussion Rasmus Dahlin Part 2- D (1st Overall, 2018, Frölunda HC, SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Chevy was spoiled by Murray, and he's like a coupon-clipping Regier anyway. He's probably asking for Mittelstadt, Buffalo's #1 in 2019, a middle-six forward and a defense prospect.

Joke's on him, Buffalo doesn't have any middle-six guys! Just top line and 4th/AHL

Ha, I think the contract fights put Trouba in the category of available for a surprisingly low price, that still hurts.

I asked on the Pegs board and they sounded like they were open for business at the tdl or next off season.

Risto plus a little for Trouba

McCabe, Guhle and a 2nd for Trouba

Guhle, Pommers, latest first for Trouba and Perreault

I think there is a deal to be made if Trouba will sign long term with us.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He doesn't need to replace Risto. Risto is a right and Dahlin is a lefty. Risto is a triggerman and Dahlin is a playmaker. I would replace Okposo with Dahlin, without hesitation.

Then Housley would put Beaulieu would probably be on PP2...probably worth it though

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
He doesn't need to replace Risto. Risto is a right and Dahlin is a lefty. Risto is a triggerman and Dahlin is a playmaker. I would replace Okposo with Dahlin, without hesitation.
This!!! Please my god this!! Dahlin might not have the scoring touch right now but my god he will. This would let him build confidence and soon he will release the Dahlin beast

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I was just checking out the Sabres' CapFriendly page and saw something related to Dahlin that I had never seen or heard of before. In the terms column there's a notation about his being an ELC and there are symbols indicating his potential bonuses, contract slide eligibility, and waiver status. There's also one that states that this "player is exempt from the 50 Standard Player Contract Limit". I had never heard of this. I wonder if someone can tell me what this means, why is he exempt, for how long, etc. Thanks

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
He's been aggressive offensively, just picky about his spots. I wouldn't mind seeing him lug the puck a bit more but I'm glad he's forming good habits.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Dahlin, Sabres prep for 5-game road trip out west

Dahlin was adamant that the team will continue to grow, too. The Sabres were pleased with the response they had at practice on Friday, a 40-minute session spent largely on execution moving the puck up the ice.

"Yeah, we stayed focused," Dahlin said. "It looks like everyone wants to win again. It was a good practice."

Love that quote from Dahlin. Love that he already seems to be recognizing what it takes to win in this league.

And that, in a very innocent way, he was kind of calling out his teammates effort level in the previous practice+game.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I was just checking out the Sabres' CapFriendly page and saw something related to Dahlin that I had never seen or heard of before. In the terms column there's a notation about his being an ELC and there are symbols indicating his potential bonuses, contract slide eligibility, and waiver status. There's also one that states that this "player is exempt from the 50 Standard Player Contract Limit". I had never heard of this. I wonder if someone can tell me what this means, why is he exempt, for how long, etc. Thanks
He's not exempt. He could potentially not count against the 50 contract limit, if he were to be sent down to juniors before playing in 11 NHL games. However, there is roughly a 0% chance of that happening. The only player who is party to an NHL contract with the Sabres who does not count against the 50 contract limit is Luukkonen.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
He's not exempt. He could potentially not count against the 50 contract limit, if he were to be sent down to juniors before playing in 11 NHL games. However, there is roughly a 0% chance of that happening. The only player who is party to an NHL contract with the Sabres who does not count against the 50 contract limit is Luukkonen.

Thanks!

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
He looks absolutely dominant tonight so far...
Some great passes and jumping up into the play.
Made his nice trademark dangle at the blue line as well.

All over the ice.

Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just remember, he will be 18 all season. We are not going to suck forever, because he will dominate 25 minutes a night for a decade.hahaha

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
It’s really impressive how quickly he is adapting to the NHL. He looks WAY more comfortable on the ice than an 18yr old defenseman should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->