Rasmus Bodin

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
This guy is going to be a spectacle. Will he be any good? I have absolutely no idea. But the Wings drafting a 6'6 Swedish center who accumulates PIM and points at the same time is a scary idea.

Every time a weird player like him is taken late, you wonder if that's because that's where they've got him rated or because they know nobody else has seen him. Anybody seen him play?

RomersWorld*

Figures the only guy without a player page on NHL.com, Eliteprospects, or Hockeydb gets drafted by the Wings.

6'6 Swedish guy? Anyone seen him play? Have a link to his player page?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
6'6 center with 94 pims last year.. a swede with a mean streak?? or a big slow guy who has to take a lot of hooking penalties cause hes slow?

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
If nobody knew about him and detroit drafted him you can bet he will be good!

Reactions: MC2D

HTT3*

What makes this one special is 1. His size 2. His aggressiveness 3. He has what appears to be actual hockey upside. He can skate and shoot and all the rest.

Reading the stuff you probably read, it sounds like the guy is not only huge, but has above average skill-set in almost every category. I hope he isn't soft or a mental midget like Johan Ryno.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
6'6 center with 94 pims last year.. a swede with a mean streak?? or a big slow guy who has to take a lot of hooking penalties cause hes slow?

Godsent to put an end to the "chicken swedes" comments perhaps? :nod:

HTT3*

Yep. Just like Johan Ryno.

Ryno was such a disappointment. I had hopes for him. If I remember correctly, he turned out to be a mental midget that couldn't handle north american hockey. Didn't he cry about being home sick also?

Hopefully this kid isn't another Ryno.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Ryno was such a disappointment. I had hopes for him. If I remember correctly, he turned out to be a mental midget that couldn't handle north american hockey. Didn't he cry about being home sick also?

Hopefully this kid isn't another Ryno.

From what I recall his GF stayed in Sweden (not sure if there was a baby/pregnancy involved or if I'm combining two prospects). He picked her over the AHL. On ice he was good. Believe he led our kids in scoring in the few games before he left.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
sounds like they want to mould him into a grinder.
I think it's the most realistic potential for him, but some grinder's have been able to break into top-6 forwards. You never know at this point.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Not so much moulding him into a grinder as he already has the tools to be a grinder, but there may be more to him. A guy that big that can apparently skate, likes to hit, and works hard can find a spot on most team's 4th lines. That he produces in top 6 roles is nice. Unlikely the production will translate to the pro game over here, but hard work translates everywhere.

EDIT - must add. That's what they said about Franzen too. A big body that possesses all the tools to slot into a bottom 6 role. But Franzen also showed offensive sparks in his junior days that he wasn't able to reproduce in the SEL at the time he was drafted, but then resurfaced in the NHL.

HTT3*

Red Wings could use a big nasty grinder that can score. They lack that in their prospect pool. Seems they have a ton of top 6 players, but not very many bona fide nasty nose to the net grinders that can destroy other teams players.

We'll see...

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
HV-71. Hakan Andersson got him a tryout and they loved him and signed him. Likely mostly for their U20 team, but he might see action at the SEL level here or there.

He should put up some good numbers, he's got the size to dominate. 2 years in Sweden then off to Grand Rapids I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad