Prospect Info: Rasmus Asplund (2016, 33rd) –- Loaned to Vasteras (HockeyAllsvenskan)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There’s really nothing to worry about. His team already said he’s coming over and they have two years to sign him anyway. There’s really no ifs involved this time. Just whenever he gets on the plane I guess. Maybe he doesn’t come over until prospect camp and they just do it then. It really doesn’t matter.

Reactions: BananaSquad

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Madison Koekkoek @madisonkoekkoek -
Casey Mittelstadt and Rasmus Asplund speaking to media before the
#NHLPARookieShowcase scrimmage.
Dli7AoKW4AEOrjI.jpg:small

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
My prediction is that Asplund is considered just about untouchable around these parts 5-6 months from now. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like 30 points in 50 games out of him december on.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
My prediction is that Asplund is considered just about untouchable around these parts 5-6 months from now. It wouldn't surprise me to see something like 30 points in 50 games out of him december on.

Right, I can see him getting 30-40 points and 10+ goals this season. He is the type of player that should have a relatively easy transition to the big league.

He is the best hope at eventually be the two-way guy that can shut opposition down. Dare we hope, the spiritual successor to Peca.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Right, I can see him getting 30-40 points and 10+ goals this season. He is the type of player that should have a relatively easy transition to the big league.

He is the best hope at eventually be the two-way guy that can shut opposition down. Dare we hope, the spiritual successor to Peca.

I am not saying he's going to score 40 goals like William Karlsson did last year, but I think he can be a similar type of player.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Asplund is going to end up being another Arvidsson. Does all the little things well. I can see a version of ERod-Eichel-DOR in the future with Asplund-Eichel-Olofsson.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
He had 28 in 50 in Sweden last year. I think that's a big ask to have him pretty much in the same place at the NHL level

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It doesn't have to be just points. He's very good defensively, in transition, and on the forecheck.

I'm commenting on the number that was given.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He had 28 in 50 in Sweden last year. I think that's a big ask to have him pretty much in the same place at the NHL level

That doesn’t matter. His game is better suited to NA then Europe anyways.

sandybridge

Welcome Taylor
Jun 24, 2018
I am not saying he's going to score 40 goals like William Karlsson did last year, but I think he can be a similar type of player.

Mostly agree with you. But it seems that he won't be as gifted offensively as Karlsson, who is just a machine when playing with top line players. But he should be even better defensively. I can see him challenging for the Selke as early as season after next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad