Rasmus Andersson vs Ethan Bear

Who do you take now and in the future?

• Total voters

insaini

Nov 17, 2012
Who do you see as a better player right now and going into the future long term?

Please note, I'm not talking about just stats, but all aspects of their game in the role of a defenseman.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Ethan bear represents Alberta’s team and Canada’s OG heritage being an aboriginal player from Saskatchewan. He is better defensively and just by watching every game these teams have played he’s a better passer and has better offensive instincts.

Ethan Bear and I don’t think I can see an argument going the other way.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
That's my take on it as well, anderson has always been underrated and I love bear as a player.
Yeah Ethan Bear is fine, just not as good as Andersson is right now and considering the small age gap it wont be easy to catch him either

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Rasmus has continued to improve by leaps and bounds since last year, and he was already pretty steady when he first entered the league.

No hate to Bear but I'll take Andersson.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Ethan bear represents Alberta’s team and Canada’s OG heritage being an aboriginal player from Saskatchewan. He is better defensively and just by watching every game these teams have played he’s a better passer and has better offensive instincts.

Ethan Bear and I don’t think I can see an argument going the other way.

Nothing to do with the fact that you’re an oilers fan either right?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Nothing to do with the fact that you’re an oilers fan either right?
I’m far from a homer. Being a part of Alberta’s team and being good here leaves a lasting legacy.

I’m no aboriginal, but bear has been a good embassidor for his people with his hockey school and the fact that he is just a good yung player. He is simply better than Anderson.

Last edited:

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
I know it's very unusual for the Oilers to get players after the top 10 or to develop good defenders, and I also know that Oilers fans like to crow and parade around 10 games in to every season, but Andersson is better than Bear right now by every measure.

VtTtcmL.png

Bear is the Oilers' best defender and my favourite player on the Oilers, but he's not better than Andersson now, and they're pretty much the same age

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
I’m far from a homer. Being a part of Alberta’s team and being good here leaves a lasting legacy.

I’m no aboriginal, but bear has been a good embassidor for his people with his hockey school and the fact that he is just a good yung player. He is simply better than Anderson.

Maybe at running hockey schools...

As far as playing hockey goes. He's second best here

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Opinions can be wrong and the beauty of the NHL is that there is 3/4th of the season left for bear to eviscerate all doubts about him against this other player.

True.
More likely however is as the sample size grows larger Andersson pulls away and Bear settles into the 4/5 dman he is.
Nothing wrong with that though

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Fat Ras for me. Skates so well for a guy his size and makes really intelligent pinches. Probably been Calgary's most consistent defender so far this year. Has top pairing written all over him.

Bear has been great in this season but I would say more information needed with this player. Plenty of players look good for 20 game stretches.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I’ll homer vote cause I don’t really watch Andersson at all and Bear has been a beast for us this year. He’s our best dman behind Nurse and he’s playing top pairing minutes, averaging the most ice time of any rookie defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad