Recalled/Assigned: Rasmus Andersson recalled, will join team in Winnipeg

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
26312329.jpg

Rasmataz! Big fan of his actually. I know he doesn't have the skating ability of Kylington but every time I've watched him he seems to make quick smart decisions with the puck. Hope we get to see him in the lineup, preferably against the Jets.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
His Mother is flying in from Sweden, that's a weird ton of pressure to put on the organization to play you unless you've already heard something.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
His Mother is flying in from Sweden, that's a weird ton of pressure to put on the organization to play you unless you've already heard something.
It's worth it on the off chance he plays. If not they can watch together

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
It's worth it on the off chance he plays. If not they can watch together

Yeah, that's a good perspective on it too, I'm sure the Calgary S&E guys (I like to think have been really great character guys) will love to talk up her son's progress this year to her in any case and make it a great trip.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, that's a good perspective on it too, I'm sure the Calgary S&E guys (I like to think have been really great character guys) will love to talk up her son's progress this year to her in any case and make it a great trip.
Yeah, the way I see it is this. I can't fathom a situation where if one of my nephews were about to potentially play his first NHL game, even if it was only a very slim chance that I wouldn't do everything possible to be there.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sounds like from morning skate Dougie is good to go so Andersson won't play.

I see it as a good thing because I would rather have Dougie in than out even if it means my boy Andersson doesn't play. At least with Dougie in Gulutzan can play Gio-Hamilton and Brodie-Engelland for 50 minutes and Wideman and Bart for only 10.

Sucks that he won't play, but having Hamilton back is more important. I'd prefer they switch the emergency call up to a regular one though and put Rasmus in over Wideman. At least when Rasmus makes a mistake it's because he is a rookie, not because he is trash like Wideman.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sucks that he won't play, but having Hamilton back is more important. I'd prefer they switch the emergency call up to a regular one though and put Rasmus in over Wideman. At least when Rasmus makes a mistake it's because he is a rookie, not because he is trash like Wideman.

I agree. With only 15 games left, I think they can afford to burn a recall, especially since it looks like Stone will miss a few games at least.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I agree. With only 15 games left, I think they can afford to burn a recall, especially since it looks like Stone will miss a few games at least.
We have a huge 7-day/3-game road trip coming up next week Washington/Nashville/St. Louis), it would be around then the Flames burn one of those recalls as they will want the extra body with them. They also want some in the final couple games of the season if we are locked into a spot and want to rest some guys before the playoffs.

LUV Carti*

Mar 3, 2017
Kiss Land
Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected lines vs. #Jets:
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer
Bouma-Stajan-Chiasson
#CGYvsWPG

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected pairings vs. #Jets:
Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Engelland
Bartkowski-Wideman
Goaltenders:
Elliott (Starter)
Johnson

Sucks because I want to see Rasmus play so bad. I have a feeling he'll be a regular next season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Honestly I'm excited to see Rasmus play, but I feel like they should let both he and Kulak play top pairing for the Heat and call up Tspoon for the rest of the season. I think he's an ideal option for the bottom pairing.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Honestly I'm excited to see Rasmus play, but I feel like they should let both he and Kulak play top pairing for the Heat and call up Tspoon for the rest of the season. I think he's an ideal option for the bottom pairing.

Wotherspoon has never worked well with Engelland. If only we had a Nakladal to pair with Wotherspoon on the bottom pair.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Doesn't look like Andersson will be up for too much longer.

Not the worst thing. Kid got to practice with the big squad for a few days, go on the road and start blending with the team (I think he'll be an NHL'er next season, the guy's exactly the type of player you want on the bottom pairing).

Also, for him, it was definitely a bonus. He makes 70k/year in the AHL. He made between 10-20k for the few days he was up in the NHL. Nothing to be sad about.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Not the worst thing. Kid got to practice with the big squad for a few days, go on the road and start blending with the team (I think he'll be an NHL'er next season, the guy's exactly the type of player you want on the bottom pairing).

Also, for him, it was definitely a bonus. He makes 70k/year in the AHL. He made between 10-20k for the few days he was up in the NHL. Nothing to be sad about.

Yeah, but it would have been nice to see where exactly he stacks up in charged playoff race versus the 'meaningless' throw away game he and other prospects might get at the end of the season.

I think he should make the bottom pairing next season too but historically with the Flames, a non-lottery pick prospect can never be penciled into a lineup given their propensity to err on the side of all things veteran.

Stone was skating by himself so it looks like he'll still be out the next one to three games so I still think they should have burned a regular call up on Andersson.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah, but it would have been nice to see where exactly he stacks up in charged playoff race versus the 'meaningless' throw away game he and other prospects might get at the end of the season.

I think he should make the bottom pairing next season too but historically with the Flames, a non-lottery pick prospect can never be penciled into a lineup given their propensity to err on the side of all things veteran.

Stone was skating by himself so it looks like he'll still be out the next one to three games so I still think they should have burned a regular call up on Andersson.

Couldn't they just put him in instead of wideman and auto-burn the call up retroactively? I'm pretty sure they can. This way they didn't burn a call up while giving themselves the option to do so in the event there was a longer injury or Wideman threw things off too much. Wide-dog played ok in his diminished role, so I bet we see him back in again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad