Recalled/Assigned: Rasmus Andersson recalled, will join team in Winnipeg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Exciting times for the young man. For some reason I thought he got a cup of coffee in a previous year, but I'm just confused. Excited to see if he plays in Winnipeg or if he's just here for insurance.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Exciting times for the young man. For some reason I thought he got a cup of coffee in a previous year, but I'm just confused. Excited to see if he plays in Winnipeg or if he's just here for insurance.

Wow. Same here. Must be some sort of glitch in the matrix. I could've sworn he and Kylington played in the last game vs the Wild last year. :laugh:

Hope he does well if he plays. Excited to see him in the NHL. Could use another D prospect of ours to to step up and make some noise.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Good for him, sucks that Hamilton or/and Stone are out. One more reason to wake up early Sunday morning.

LUV Carti*

Mar 3, 2017
Kiss Land
Wow. Same here. Must be some sort of glitch in the matrix. I could've sworn he and Kylington played in the last game vs the Wild last year. :laugh:

Hope he does well if he plays. Excited to see him in the NHL. Could use another D prospect of ours to to step up and make some noise.

Sieloff and Kylington did

LUV Carti*

Mar 3, 2017
Kiss Land
Would like to see:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Andersson
Bartkowski-Engelland

Expect:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Engelland
Bartkowski-Andersson

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Excellent. If they called him up, it's very likely he's going to play too. If Hamilton's good to go, then it means no Wideman which is the best news of all.

Would like to see:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Andersson
Bartkowski-Engelland

Expect:

Giordano-Hamilton
Brodie-Engelland
Bartkowski-Andersson
Yeah, pretty much.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My body is ready.

Obligatory Andersson > Kylington.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FGlee1.gif

Kylington > Hickey

sheldon__s_grin__big__by_ingdianita.gif

I am pretty excited to see him, I bet he will look a lot better than people think. Honestly, this is his big audition for fulltime next season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Excellent. If they called him up, it's very likely he's going to play too. If Hamilton's good to go, then it means no Wideman which is the best news of all.
Andersson was recalled on an emergency basis, meaning he is only allowed to play if the Flames don't have 6 healthy defensemen. So for Andersson to be allowed to play, both Stone and Hamilton will have to be out.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Andersson was recalled on an emergency basis, meaning he is only allowed to play if the Flames don't have 6 healthy defensemen. So for Andersson to be allowed to play, both Stone and Hamilton will have to be out.

Oh no

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I saw that he was an emergency recall. The good news is it maintains our 4 (?) allowed call-ups post-TDL.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary

Yeah, pretty much.

I don't know if it's likely, the Flames are usually allergic to youth on the blueline. Hope he gets in though and shows well.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They can convert it to a regular recall if necessary.

Right now there's a chance both Stone and Hamilton are out, in which case Andersson could play without burning one of the four recalls. However, if Hamilton's good to go, they can change it from an emergency to a regular recall so Andersson can play over Wideman.

Might seem like a stretch but if they just wanted a warm body for the press box, they'd be far likely to recall Kostka.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Excited to potentially see him play. Just stat watching here, but it feels like he was putting up considerably better ppg early in the season, how's he been playing lately?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Right now there's a chance both Stone and Hamilton are out, in which case Andersson could play without burning one of the four recalls. However, if Hamilton's good to go, they can change it from emergency to a regular recall so Andersson can play over Wideman.

Might seem like a stretch but if they just wanted a warm body for the press box, they'd be far likely to recall Kostka.
Right, but the problem is the uncertainty of whether neither, one or either of the two players will be able to go tomorrow night. If they called someone up to be a warm body and then he actually had to play, they'd regret their decision. Might as well call up the best player available.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Right now there's a chance both Stone and Hamilton are out, in which case Andersson could play without burning one of the four recalls. However, if Hamilton's good to go, they can change it from an emergency to a regular recall so Andersson can play over Wideman.

Which won't happen. They won't burn that recall for a single game.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As per Gully he expects at least one of the Dmen play and the other will be back soon.

Good news.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I sure hope they put him in over Wideman. Burning one of our recalls is worth it just to not see Dennis Wideman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad