Confirmed with Link: Rasmus Andersson Contract Extension (6 x 4.55)

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
It's not a steal - if he doesn't progress in his development. It's a fair to slightly player-favoured deal for what he is.

If he gets slightly better, it's a fair deal. It has the potential to be a great deal near the end of the contract as the cap climbs due to expansion and if he continues to develop into a top 3 defenseman.

Capfriendly has a NTC starting in 2024 (6 team no-trade list)
Rasmus Andersson - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: Tofveve

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
We can debate Andersson's shot however we like but the stats do not lie:

2.4% career shooting. 5 goals on 208 shots.

Maybe because he flubs it a lot? Like, when a peewee tries to take a slapper and it goes partially through his stick. Or because it's 15 feet wide. Maybe if he hits it perfect one out of every 20 times it's hard.

His shot isn't good from what I've seen and how I remember it. It's consistently not.

I’m sure not trying to tell anyone that Andersson’s shot is all that good, just that he can shoot hard.

Here’s him shooting at 101.5 in the AHL All-Stars competition (which was harder than what Ovechkin recorded at the NHL skills competition the same year).

Obviously not the same as a game situation, but still an example that his shot isn’t exactly a muffin.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I’m sure not trying to tell anyone that Andersson’s shot is all that good, just that he can shoot hard.

Here’s him shooting at 101.5 in the AHL All-Stars competition (which was harder than what Ovechkin recorded at the NHL skills competition the same year).

Obviously not the same as a game situation, but still an example that his shot isn’t exactly a muffin.

I was going to put in a caveat "when not shooting into a radar gun".

Anyway, I don't particularly care for this rabbit trail, but I will say he probably has the most inconsistent all over the place in speed and accuracy shot of any of our defense.

Now, I'll take a break from this argument and watch his shot to prove or disprove my thesis.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I didn't see him shoot that game. Probably missed something. I mean that may be part of it. If he doesn't shoot a lot I might have only remembered the bad ones.

Also, if indeed his shot needs work the good news is that a shot is probably the easiest component of a game to make serviceable to good. Can't teach soft hands or foot speed (for the most part).

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
#TheAnderssonEffect

IMG_20200214_130039.jpg

Needs to shoot more but what a great sophomore year.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad