Rask - Lavassuer - Vincent - Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
La-La-Laprise said:
I have indentified those 4 goalies as the main 4 for the 2005 Draft. I think it would be nice if everyone could rank them from best to least best.

I am just curious what everyones opinion's are.

Price
Vincent
Rask
Levasseur

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I have indentified those 4 goalies as the main 4 for the 2005 Draft. I think it would be nice if everyone could rank them from best to least best.

I am just curious what everyones opinion's are.

All i can say for sure is that Rask is one step ahead the others but my feelings is...

1) Rask
2) Price
3) Levasseur
4) Vincent

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
It's really quite difficult to rank them... it's by the slimmest of margins this year as to who's the best. Any of them could be chosen as the first goaltender- you just can't go wrong with any of them.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Rask is better and he plays against men in Finland and with the emergence of Finland as a goalie country teams should not be scared of drafting him because at worst he probably is going to be something like Toskola. His potential his similar to Lethonen or Fleury. He is pretty big for a 17 year old and he can still grow and he is a good butterfly goalie. I would not be scared at all to take him with the 5th pick in the upcoming draft. He has top 5 skill and his work ethic is good.

Rask
Price
Levasseur
Vincent

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Habsfan 32 said:
Rask is better and he plays against men in Finland and with the emergence of Finland as a goalie country teams should not be scared of drafting him because at worst he probably is going to be something like Toskola. His potential his similar to Lethonen or Fleury. He is pretty big for a 17 year old and he can still grow and he is a good butterfly goalie. I would not be scared at all to take him with the 5th pick in the upcoming draft. He has top 5 skill and his work ethic is good.

Rask
Price
Levasseur
Vincent

Rask does NOT have the potential of Lehtonen or Fleury IMHO, he's a step below of those guys at this point.

But still he's ahead of those other guys.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Any chance any of those four last till the beginning for the second round? I really hope one if around so he Jackets can take one, because after Leclaire and Lacosta, there's nothing.

KingofSpain

Mar 5, 2002
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Basically, I agree with the consensus, although I haven't seen much of them. After watching the Top Prospects Game, Vincent reminds me of Garth Snow, while I feel Levasseur has better natural ability but was just nervous and had a bad game.

turnbuckle*

Bluenote13 said:
Vincent
Price

He scares the **** outta me.

Too funny, but you kinda spoiled my post:

My order on who will be the best:

Vincent Price
Rask
Levasseur

I don't think Vincent has much to prove; he's the king of horror, known world-wide.hard to project that either Rask or Levasseur will be "better" than that, LOL.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i noticed mckeens has lavessuer (SP?) above all these guys and well in the top 10, which seems to differ from everyone elses thinking. i know that its common amongst draft publications and fans that one source generally has a far different pov on particular players than everyone else, and that many people dont always agree with the mckeens "hunches". does anyone have an opinion why they like this guy so much? i noticed almost no one else here agrees. do they see something down the road in him while other people are judging these guys off of now?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Not far from my opinion. I would draft goaltenders on natural ability first, then positioning thn size. Rask and Levasseur are much more athletic then the other two.

espo*

i know he got scored on two or three times but i liked some things i saw from that vincent in net.Namely quick feet for a huge goaltender,he moves around well for a big goaltender.It'll take some work for him to reach his potential but i'd draft him fairly quickly myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad