Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

member 96824

I love Rask...but theres no way he's the number two goalie in this league

NotedToughGuyDKrejci

Aug 7, 2004
LA, CA
I love Rask...but theres no way he's the number two goalie in this league

Goalie, no. Fantasy goalie, probably. The team and system in front of him means he'll have a low GAA, high SV% and a bunch of wins.

On a similar note, there's no way that Letang, Byfuglien and Karlsson are better than Chara at actual hockey, but they are at fantasy hockey.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
For fantasy purposes Rask at #2 isn't too much of a surprise. Bruins will play tough D and he has a lot to prove/earn this year.

member 96824

even fantasy...why would rask be ahead of quick, rinne, or maybe even schneider given Vans regular season success.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Wasnt he number 2 in the league back in 2010? Or close to it? I think everyone just remembers that run he had and expects the same thing.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Goalie, no. Fantasy goalie, probably. The team and system in front of him means he'll have a low GAA, high SV% and a bunch of wins.

On a similar note, there's no way that Letang, Byfuglien and Karlsson are better than Chara at actual hockey, but they are at fantasy hockey.

They are skill wise as in skating,moving puck but Chara better at parts the game like checking,rubbing guy out,blocking shots ,getting pucks out and being a leader,O and Chara shoots harder,

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Number 1 I think, but he didn't play enough games to get Vezina consideration (and then he outplayed the Vezina winner in Rd1).

That's right. I remember now. That series was incredible. I can't see why Rask can't put up similar numbers again. He's got the tools for it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
The most ridiculous part of that goalie list is Pavelec being at 31.

He's a good goalie playing for a bad team.

He'll probably get lit up. Rask has the best defensive defenseman, the Selke-winner, and a defensive system to play behind, which is probably why he's 2. We all know why Lundqvist is #1...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad