Raptors Discussion: Raptors name Nick Nurse as new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Raptors are the equivalent to the 2010 Leafs right now.

No picks, stupid decisions, going no where.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

These Raptors are much better then those 2010 Leafs. How many playoff games did those Leafs play?
Good roster, great decisions, going to the playoffs again.
I havent seen you here before so I doubt your actually a fan, and know this is a solid team.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
These Raptors are much better then those 2010 Leafs. How many playoff games did those Leafs play?
I havent seen you here before so I doubt your actually a fan, and know this is a solid team.

Seems like the beginning of the end of this run.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

The trade for Ibaka wasn't great, the extension was even worse. It might be a "solid team" they don't have a long extended playoff run left in them at least with this current group as constructed.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

Actually, the sister franchise of the Raptors has not had success remotely close to said Raptors in over a decade and a half.

Seems like the beginning of the end of this run.

Name the team with the most sub-26 year old 1.0+ Vorp players (6) from 17/18....

I'll give you a clue: its the most valuable franchise owned by MLSE.

I know some of you are hurt after losing to Lebron, and I know some of you wanted a new toy that looks like you (edit: Grayson Allen) that you could dream on, but I'm going to let some of you know you should remove your heads from your posteriors.

Thanks and regards,

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Actually, the sister franchise of the Raptors has not had success remotely close to said Raptors in over a decade and a half.

Name the team with the most sub-26 year old 1.0+ Vorp players (6) from 17/18....

I'll give you a clue: its the most valuable franchise owned by MLSE.

I know some of you are hurt after losing to Lebron, and I know some of you wanted a new toy that looks like you (Grayson Allen) that you could dream on, but I'm going to let some of you know you should remove your heads from your posteriors.

Thanks and regards,

A little unnecessary I think.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

I’d rather compare them to the Atlanta Hawks of 2-5 years ago, bunch of decent pieces but no real game changers. Let’s not make the same mistakes they did basically letting their valuable assets go for nothing

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I’d rather compare them to the Atlanta Hawks of 2-5 years ago, bunch of decent pieces but no real game changers. Let’s not make the same mistakes they did basically letting their valuable assets go for nothing

Raptors are closer to the Anaheim Ducks of the past 5-6 years consistent playoff team, win a round here or there, win a couple rounds one year but always run into a much better team at some point.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I really don't understand all this negativity around a team if it stays as is, will still win us 50+ games next season.

No additions or subtractions player wise have been made to judge this team other then another playoff exit to Lebron!!!

This team potentially can improve with no subtractions or deletions if you really think about it. New coach with a new philosophy that he couldn't fully employ because of Casey, and second unit that will only continue to grow in Siakam, Poetle, OG, Wright and FVF.

Keep the faith people, this can be far worse then what you all are making out of a good situation.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Raptors are closer to the Anaheim Ducks of the past 5-6 years consistent playoff team, win a round here or there, win a couple rounds one year but always run into a much better team at some point.

Not really comparable

Other than this season and last season (took Nsh to 6 games), 4 straight seasons they took their opponents to 7 games

The Raps have been swept out of the playoffs 3 of the past 4 appearances

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
I really don't understand all this negativity around a team if it stays as is, will still win us 50+ games next season.

No additions or subtractions player wise have been made to judge this team other then another playoff exit to Lebron!!!

This team potentially can improve with no subtractions or deletions if you really think about it. New coach with a new philosophy that he couldn't fully employ because of Casey, and second unit that will only continue to grow in Siakam, Poetle, OG, Wright and FVF.

Keep the faith people, this can be far worse then what you all are making out of a good situation.

You can always find positive traits in a slightly above average team with marginal upside

Reality is, our best player is 32 years old, our 2nd best player is soon to be 29. We have no young players with star or superstar upside. We're stuck in no mans land

If you enjoy 50 wins and then losing in the 2nd round then I guess you should be happy. I just want to see a team building towards a championship

Reactions: Apotheosis

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Gordon Hayward is soon to be 29, with a surgically fixed leg. Al Horford is 32.

Boston, Philly, Toronto young (25 and under) talent, consolidated, with 17/18 age and VORP.
- Simmons (21) 4.6
- Kyrie (25) 4.0
- Embiid (23) 2.2
- Poeltl (22) 2.0
- Saric (23) 2.0
- Rozier (23) 2.0
- Tatum (19) 1.8
- Siakam (23) 1.7
- Wright (25) 1.7
- VanVleet (23) 1.5
- Valanciunas (25) 1.5
- Theis (25) 1.1
- OG Anunoby (20) 1.0
- Brown (21) 1.0

I assume we want Boston or Philly's roster? Or perhaps Milwaukee's?

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Siakam started playing ball at 17 and he’s already transformed into a point forward with elite athleticism, excellent motor, and well above average defence. OG shot a whatever .683 eFG and had a +13 net rating in the postseason as a 20 year old a year removed from knee surgery. No upside!

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Siakam started playing ball at 17 and he’s already transformed into a point forward with elite athleticism, excellent motor, and well above average defence. OG shot a whatever .683 eFG and had a +13 net rating in the postseason as a 20 year old a year removed from knee surgery. No upside!

Great! Nobody said they didn't have upside or that they wouldn't be good players

We can actually go around the league and list some good young players other teams have as well and what their positive attributes are

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Great! Nobody said they didn't have upside or that they wouldn't be good players

We can actually go around the league and list some good young players other teams have as well and what their positive attributes are

Feel free to list some comparables and I'll be sure to give my critique

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Feel free to list some comparables and I'll be sure to give my critique

Sure.

Boston Celtics: Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Terry Rozier, Marcus Smart
Denver Nuggets: Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray, Michael Porter Jr., Trey Lyles, Gary Harris
New Orleans Pelicans: Anthony Davis
Milwaukee Bucks: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Malcolm Brogdon, Jabari Parker
Utah Jazz: Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert
Philadelphia 76ers: Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Dario Saric, Markelle Fultz
Minnesota Timberwolves: Karl-Anthony Towns
Los Angeles Lakers: Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram
Indiana Pacers: Victor Oladipo, Myles Turner, Domantas Sabonis

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Not really comparable

Other than this season and last season (took Nsh to 6 games), 4 straight seasons they took their opponents to 7 games

The Raps have been swept out of the playoffs 3 of the past 4 appearances

Lol.

Ducks won a combined 2 playoff rounds in the last 3 years.

Raptors have won 4 playoff rounds in the last 3 years.

Raptors haven't lost to any team in the playoffs in the last 3 years other than a team led by the greatest player of all time.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Lol.

Ducks won a combined 2 playoff rounds in the last 3 years.

Raptors have won 4 playoff rounds in the last 3 years.

Raptors haven't lost to any team in the playoffs in the last 3 years other than a team led by the greatest player of all time.

You conveniently stopped at 3 years. Nice!

The greatest player of all-time barely beat a mediocre Pacers team in 7 games and a Celtics team that was missing their 2 best players. BTW The Celtics best or 2nd best player in the playoffs just turned 20 years old. And then obviously got swept in the finals. Meanwhile, the greatest Raptors team of all-time couldn't even win 1 game.

Check this out. The Pacers in 1 series has won more games against the Cavs than the Raptors have in 3 playoff series combined.

What other excuses are there?

Last edited:

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
You can always find positive traits in a slightly above average team with marginal upside

Reality is, our best player is 32 years old, our 2nd best player is soon to be 29. We have no young players with star or superstar upside. We're stuck in no mans land

If you enjoy 50 wins and then losing in the 2nd round then I guess you should be happy. I just want to see a team building towards a championship
While I do agree with your overall position, I would say that OG is at least a player that has piqued my interest.

If he develops a good scoring touch he could very much be a Kawri light. Very defensively sound player with a scoring touch.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
You conveniently stopped at 3 years. Nice!

The greatest player of all-time barely beat a mediocre Pacers team in 7 games and a Celtics team that was missing their 2 best players. BTW The Celtics best or 2nd best player in the playoffs just turned 20 years old. And then obviously got swept in the finals. Meanwhile, the greatest Raptors team of all-time couldn't even win 1 game.

Check this out. The Pacers in 1 series has won more games against the Cavs than the Raptors have in 3 playoff series combined.

What other excuses are there?

you got all the answers man. Get off HFBoards and turn this franchise around! This forum can be so toxic. So many knowledgeable posters and so many who just ugh.

Only in Toronto would we be complaining about a season with our most wins ever lol.

Also Derozan is our best player and he isn't 32 :s..

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
you got all the answers man. Get off HFBoards and turn this franchise around! This forum can be so toxic. So many knowledgeable posters and so many who just ugh.

Only in Toronto would we be complaining about a season with our most wins ever lol.

Also Derozan is our best player and he isn't 32 :s..

Knowledgeable? If you were knowledgeable you would know that Lowry has been more valuable to the Raps than one trick pony DD. Lowry is a better passer, better ball handler, better rebounder, and a better shooter.

Why should we be happy about a season that ended the way it did? Even Masai wasn't happy seeing as he's fired the damn coach and everybody is available. 59 wins means squat if you did not even advance to the ECF. You have to actually make those wins count in the post season, where it really matters in the end. The 59 wins have been rendered meaningless by our exit in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
While I do agree with your overall position, I would say that OG is at least a player that has piqued my interest.

If he develops a good scoring touch he could very much be a Kawri light. Very defensively sound player with a scoring touch.

I like OG as a player too. I think he has a chance to be a good starter in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad