The Star: Raptors, Leafs ticket prices to increase 2.5% next season

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Pfft! I don't care. Attending a Leaf game at the ACC. Is for high rollers. I couldn't care less how much they're asked to pay.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Brokers are no more a 'leech' than someone that sells a house for a profit is. I'm a leech for making a profit off a seat to an entertainment event.. but someone isn't for keeping a family of 4 out of a house because they can't afford where the market went?

I would use the term "broker" really loosely when referring to scalpers. Certain brokers can prove to be quite valuable for the commission they get, scalpers just acquire tickets for the sole purpose of charging fans twice the price of the ticket. MLSE should jack ticket prices up 20% just to drive them off the street.

Heisenberg Blue*

I would use the term "broker" really loosely when referring to scalpers. Certain brokers can prove to be quite valuable for the commission they get, scalpers just acquire tickets for the sole purpose of charging fans twice the price of the ticket. MLSE should jack ticket prices up 20% just to drive them off the street.

Meh, I buy tickets for the sole purpose of selling them at the highest possible profit. I also have no shame in doing so.. but I understand there's about a 50/50 split on whether people feel it's right. I fall on the side of supply/demand.

Sadly the sellers out there that use and get busted for illegal programs put a black eye on everyone else.

Obviously government doesn't think it's an issue, because the ticket speculation act isn't enforced anywhere in Ontario. They probably just love collecting the income tax revenue from people like me.. especially since 75% of the sales and money come in from the USA, why would they want to shut that down?

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
This isn't fair. It's so hard to attend games. Why does MLSE have to screw over fans like this?

I can actually understand raising Raptors ticket prices: (1) they were much lower than the Leafs' ticket prices, and (2) they improved significantly with the Rudy Gay trade. Considering how weak the East is, I can see the Raptors making the playoffs next year.

But the Leafs? We haven't made the playoffs in forever, and the salary cap is staying the same / going down because of the new CBA. There's no excuse for further fleecing us.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
They got rid of the penny, so now they gotta nickel and dime, eh?

(sorry)
BcGVG.gif

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I am sick and tired of the people in Toronto complaining about prices.

Either go or don't go, but if you do go shut up about the prices.

The Lion King will not charge the same prices as an entry level show in the same building on the same stage.

The Leafs are a brand. Like Sony, Nike, Yankees etc.

You either get it or you don't.

There is not a single season ticket holder that complains about prices. If the prices were so bad there would not be a legendary list of people pining to get season tickets.

Going to a sporting event is a luxury. You can either afford it or you can't.

I cannot, so I do not go. I love the Leafs. Good on them for making BILLIONS!

hockeyfanz*

Pfft! I don't care. Attending a Leaf game at the ACC. Is for high rollers. I couldn't care less how much they're asked to pay.

Exactly this. They could raise it 25% and it wouldn't make an iota of a difference to those who cannot afford it now. Sort of like the prices of Porches or BMWs or Mercedes..Do I care if they jack up the price 10K on those vehicles? Not at all.

ThirdRowGreens

Nov 18, 2011
Ottawa
I left this comment on the Star article as well, but just FYI (and for some context), the NYRangers and NY Knicks announced a ticket price hike just a day or so earlier than MLSE. Only theirs are going up by 6.4%, which is quite a bit more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-raise-season-ticket-prices-article-1.1285441

Not to defend the price hike at all, but just wanted to throw that out there so nobody thinks it's JUST MLSE raising prices this year.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
And Armstrongs buyout..and Tuckers buyout...

Buying tickets at the ACC is for suckers. If you want to watch a Leafs game, go to Buffalo.

I'd rather spend more on tickets than spend 4 hours driving there and back.

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
I am sick and tired of the people in Toronto complaining about prices.

Either go or don't go, but if you do go shut up about the prices.

The Lion King will not charge the same prices as an entry level show in the same building on the same stage.

The Leafs are a brand. Like Sony, Nike, Yankees etc.

You either get it or you don't.

There is not a single season ticket holder that complains about prices. If the prices were so bad there would not be a legendary list of people pining to get season tickets.

Going to a sporting event is a luxury. You can either afford it or you can't.

I cannot, so I do not go. I love the Leafs. Good on them for making BILLIONS!

Well said. On the rare occasion when I can find 4 seats together, I don't care if it costs $615 vs. $600. It's a luxury.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just saw the Invoice, our seats rose from $37 to $38 per seat(3420 season).

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Pretty pathetic. I'll say no more because da fans wouldn't appreciate it.

A 2nd Toronto team would probably help but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad